OP
OP
J

Jholli90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, simply lay the fish on a piece of printer paper or something. I'm not sure why, but it may help them identify a potential cause for the death?
Screenshot_20190709-234429_Chrome.jpg

How often have they come in "looking dead"

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have zero hesitation ordering fish from LA.

Aaron Hobaugh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought six fish from them last week. UPS driver broke down on the way to my house and I went to pick them up. It was hot so i was worried, but all fish were in 100% health and no problems. That is the third order I have placed from them. No issues here, 100% recommend!

OP
OP
J

Jholli90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought six fish from them last week. UPS driver broke down on the way to my house and I went to pick them up. It was hot so i was worried, but all fish were in 100% health and no problems. That is the third order I have placed from them. No issues here, 100% recommend!

Wow that's impressive, I'm glad they were ok.

Adventures In Reefing

Semper Fidelis
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been buying from them since they were Drs. Foster and Smith . I have had 2 deaths and 1 broken bag out of around 50 orders. Everything was fixed by customer service. You just cant get better than a free 14 day guarantee.
There are only 2 places I buy fish from. Fishy business (acclimated fish) and Live Aquaria. If you guys and gals have other places you like I would love to hear it.

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Liveaquaria is run by Kevin Kohen who is regarded as one of the best in the industry. He ran it before and after Petco bought out Dr. Foster and Smith (who owned LA). As mentioned, their Divers Den fish are special. They get shipped from the wholesaler to the LA facility in Rhinelander WI where they get acclimated to aquarium life, get treated for any disease and get them eating. This is not a full QT, which you should do at home, but it definitely helps get you healthier fish. If you order "stock" fish from the LA website they are drop shipped from the wholesaler Quality Marine. LA doesn't have much say on exactly what gets shipped to you from the wholesaler but Quality Marine is regarded as the best wholesaler out there. I order 90% of my fish from LA both Diver's Den and stock. In my experience they are the best around for price and guarantee (including free shipping).

JayKim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the reason I stopped ordering fish online. They did honor all the doas and fatality within 14 days though. They used to be awesome but not anymore. I can't speak for diver's den.

dbjonesjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll share my experience as well. I have placed two $200+ orders and two $100+ orders with them in the past six months. While I have no experience with their refund policy, I also haven't had an unhealthy fish delivered! I will also add that some fish may appear disoriented when they arrive, and that is likely what they mean when they say dead.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have many fish from LA and lost some but they are great about replacing any losses even a 200.00 fairy wrasse that died in transit, replacement sent next day....still QT everything and you will be fine in my opinion

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered 2 ORA clowns from them and they were in great shape. I’ve had them for 3 weeks now and almost done with copper and have never shown signs of illness.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering from them since before Petco bought them. I keep ordering from them ;) Both Diver's Den and LA.

They have the best guarantee... just make sure you have a photo of the dead fish. If you put it in the DT and it dies and your clean up crew eats it, you are out of luck. I QT everything so I don't have that problem.

OP
OP
J

Jholli90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been ordering from them since before Petco bought them. I keep ordering from them ;) Both Diver's Den and LA.

They have the best guarantee... just make sure you have a photo of the dead fish. If you put it in the DT and it dies and your clean up crew eats it, you are out of luck. I QT everything so I don't have that problem.

I QT everything now. Even CUC and live rock, after I was told ich/velvet can hitchhike in. That was an expensive lesson.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Absolutely agree, LA guarantee is geared towards individuals that QT their fish. Very easy to pull out a dead body. If something dies in my DT, by morning there will not be a body.

OP
OP
J

Jholli90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone and their experiences! This has definitely made up my mind. I always prefer a real person's review such as these.

Jared's Little Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone and their experiences! This has definitely made up my mind. I always prefer a real person's review such as these.
Yeah, Live Aquaria has really good customer service they messed up part of my order and sent me two silver xenia frags instead of my zoanthid colony and refunded me within a couple days. So got two free xenia frags

Fotocha

I have nightmares of jumping fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 2 orders in the past month. I noticed they are packed way differently depending which warehouse they came from. Califnoria was packed less formally. The other locations seems about the same. I did have a damaged coral and Live Aquaria did refund it. I would say pretty positive. I only bought corals.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back