Is my anenomy sick/dying?

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, my bubble tip anenome looks sick as it has really deflated. It is about 1/5 of its average size
Amy ideas?

Anemonae.jpg Nem2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks James, not saying you are wrong but it has been ok in the cup for obout 3 weeks now. If I have to let it roam I will have to get rid of it and get a elegance. It is a small tank with not a lot of real estate.

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It unhappy because it’s in the anemone cup. I would put it on the rock work so it finds a happy spot
Agreed with James, he is extremely unhappy. Either let him out of the cup and build him a cave/hole structure for his foot. If not, maybe an alternative solution would be to put rubble rock in the cup and give the anemone a sense of safety

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking even better. If anyone is considering buying a Nem holder they in almost all cases have a shard of glass in the bottom of the holder. I sand papered off the glass and filled the bottom of the holder with resin to smooth it which I think was iritated the Nems foot. It has been happy and stayed put for 2 weeks now, unlike prior adventures

Attachments

• Nem 3.png
    Nem 3.png
    314.7 KB · Views: 60

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back