OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this case is now closed; i discovered my jawfish's body under my aquarium stand, disguised as dust bunnies. I dont know how he got out, my tank is well sealed so i assume he jumped out during a water change and slipped by me unnoticed. I am a little relieved to have this closure, and also to know that he didnt die of water quality or disease, that being said, RIP El Chapo, you were my favorite fish and will be missed.

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately this case is now closed; i discovered my jawfish's body under my aquarium stand, disguised as dust bunnies. I dont know how he got out, my tank is well sealed so i assume he jumped out during a water change and slipped by me unnoticed. I am a little relieved to have this closure, and also to know that he didnt die of water quality or disease, that being said, RIP El Chapo, you were my favorite fish and will be missed.
Are you going to get another one?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
They are known jumpers

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are known jumpers
I've experienced this TWICE. the first time i wasn't well prepared and my lid was iffy but the second time my tank was escape proof, I'm convinced it jumped out during a water change and slipped by unnoticed. I wont try a jawfish again for a LONG time :(

RIP El Chapo

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me before. I lost a wrasse during tank maintenance. The lid was off for only a few minutes. The fish was missing the next day, but I didn’t see a body anywhere. I later found the fish covered in dust bunnies under a vent.

I tried a yellow head jawfish, but my clownfish though it was bait. The jawfish liked to bob up and down at the top of the tank and one day one of the clownfish took a big bite out of it.

Cool fish to see on the LFS, but I won’t try jawfish again unless I decide to setup up a species specific tank.

OP
OP
dimitrinivo

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This happened to me before. I lost a wrasse during tank maintenance. The lid was off for only a few minutes. The fish was missing the next day, but I didn’t see a body anywhere. I later found the fish covered in dust bunnies under a vent.

I tried a yellow head jawfish, but my clownfish though it was bait. The jawfish liked to bop up and down at the top of the tank and one day one of the clownfish took a big bite out of it.

Cool fish to see on the LFS, but I won’t try jawfish again unless I decide to setup up a species specific tank.
I think a jawfish and seahorse tank would work well, both prefer cooler temps and are on the shy side

gentlefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost my jawfish years back, with the glass top that came with the innovative marine 38g. There is only a small space around and 2 finger holes. They fit through the smallest of gaps. Sorry for your loss.

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I tried a yellow head jawfish, but my clownfish though it was bait. The jawfish liked to bob up and down at the top of the tank and one day one of the clownfish took a big bite out of it.

My clowns are mean!! Always biting me when I’m trying to change things up in my tank.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back