IS MY BUBBLE TIP OK?!?!

ReefNuget

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had just bought a green bubble tip anemone, for my 8 month old 32 biocube mixed reef this is my first time keeping anemones. When I added it into the tank it did not want to stick to anything and was just floating in the current. I was afraid that it was going to sting everything as it was floating around, so I decided to get an anemone box. But as soon as I grabbed the anemone is squirted a white milky substance into the water. I have no idea on what that could of been I dident squeeze at all or anything I’m just concerned if it’s gonna be ok and if what it secreted was toxic.

OP
OP
ReefNuget

ReefNuget

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about one the very upper end for those guys.
ya honestly I'm thinking about changing salts. I currently use Red Seas Reef Pro Salt and I just ran out. ever since I started using it I've been losing color in corals. Any suggestions? But what was that white stuff it squirted out?

OP
OP
ReefNuget

ReefNuget

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently in high school so I don't have the biggest budget so these are big purchases for me. Any suggestions on the salt I should try? I have a mixed reef with mostly Lps and mushrooms and nem.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
7-10 dkh more in their ballpark. Posting pics under white lights always helpful

OP
OP
ReefNuget

ReefNuget

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DA55F98C-2908-47DD-A645-D8AE5417A7AE.jpeg
He is a lot more compact right now also the nem box fell of the glass last night and he ended up in this corner

footgal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I’m also in highschool, I feel your pain about the $$$ in this hobby. I highly recommend the Fritz salt, it mixes clean and is pretty cheap especially compared to the Red Sea. I have great experiences with my anemones using this salt

OP
OP
ReefNuget

ReefNuget

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! I’m also in highschool, I feel your pain about the $$$ in this hobby. I highly recommend the Fritz salt, it mixes clean and is pretty cheap especially compared to the Red Sea. I have great experiences with my anemones using this s
Hey! I’m also in highschool, I feel your pain about the $$$ in this hobby. I highly recommend the Fritz salt, it mixes clean and is pretty cheap especially compared to the Red Sea. I have great experiences with my anemones using this salt
Thank you for the suggestion! Will do.

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DA55F98C-2908-47DD-A645-D8AE5417A7AE.jpeg
He is a lot more compact right now also the nem box fell of the glass last night and he ended up in this corner
Your high Alkalinity is 99% why it did not attach. The good news is it looks like it is adjusting to it. If you change salts don’t change your ALK lower too quickly.
Redsea’s standard salt mixes at 7.7-8.2 DKH and is cheaper than the pro. Personally if I was going to use it I would mix it with the Pro or add a bit of baking soda using Randy’s 2 part recipe to raise the ALK to 8.6-9.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 133 59.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 64 28.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 79 35.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 39 17.6%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.4%
Back