OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really Thank you so very much guys @HotRocks @Dr.Reef @4FordFamily @melypr1985. The fish has started to show improvement I can see the belly fin which was clamped earlier now properly. It is not clamped anymore though it is still breathing heavily and I’ll see whether they eat food the next morning. But seriously I’m so very happy to see improvement, I’m feeling so relaxed atm.

IMG_4453.JPG

IMG_4452.JPG

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. Hopefully it will continue the coarse to complete healthiness. Most likely some internal parasite or worms bothering the little guy.

OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so the fish is still breathing heavily and not accepting food whatsoever. Served food dripped in garlic juice, the other two of them just went nuts and ate it in seconds but the sick clown is just not eating.

OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so the fish is still breathing heavily and not accepting food whatsoever. Served food dripped in garlic juice, the other two of them just went nuts and ate it in seconds but the sick clown is just not eating.

Also the fish is lethargic, it just keeps paddling in a single spot. It’s maneuverability is too slow from point a to point b. Unlike the other clown which just swishes through. The prazi is still in tank. The gills are flared, towards the bottom. Two days earlier as much as I was able to see inside of the gills it was blood red. But today the redness is much less is it a good thing or bad. Yesterday I also gave the fish a para bath for 1 hour In a 4 litre bucket. As my lfs told me to do so, he suspects brook, looking at the photos and videos.

OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its 3:30am here, I tried a lot to save her but she died. Not a very pleasant start to the hobby.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please dont take this the wrong way. i personally think you subjected this fish to too many fixes too fast without positively identifying the problem along with never gave it a chance to settle into the new tank. anyways sorry for the loss and dont let this discourage you. we loose fish in this hobby a lot sometimes without warning. i have had fish that were eating like a pig last night and in morning all the find is the remains of dead fish.
make sure to bring a new fish and let it rest and settle in your qt with lights off for few days and dont treat just because fish is not eating or looking faded. give it time to settle and then id the problem then treat. prazipro is the only medicine i recommend for all fish after they have settled in the qt.

OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
please dont take this the wrong way. i personally think you subjected this fish to too many fixes too fast without positively identifying the problem along with never gave it a chance to settle into the new tank. anyways sorry for the loss and dont let this discourage you. we loose fish in this hobby a lot sometimes without warning. i have had fish that were eating like a pig last night and in morning all the find is the remains of dead fish.
make sure to bring a new fish and let it rest and settle in your qt with lights off for few days and dont treat just because fish is not eating or looking faded. give it time to settle and then id the problem then treat. prazipro is the only medicine i recommend for all fish after they have settled in the qt.

Appreciated, but I didn’t went medicating it directly I gave it 3 days and noticed it as I was unable to diagnose the disease, but just by the look of her you could see that she’s diseased since day one.
Only on her last day when she was showing signs of losing buoyancy I introduced her to para bath, that’s it. The prazi was supposed to be as it is as a at procedure.
But anyway thank you all you guys did help me through the way.
This is 100% sure she was infected with bacterial infection, and not parasites or flukes. Sad I didn’t had metro and kana at the time it would’ve helped.
Anyway I think it helped the other fishes as I’m more aware now than before.

Dr. Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again sorry for your loss don't let this discourage you. Keep some medicines around you're going to need them time to time. Good luck and happy reefing

OP
OP
uutank

uutank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again sorry for your loss don't let this discourage you. Keep some medicines around you're going to need them time to time. Good luck and happy reefing

Yeah this time I’ve. And thank you so much you were very helpful throughout[emoji4]

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back