Is my coral dying?

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will do and always wondered why the crab was always around it. Also I have another question if you don’t mind do you does your tank? I’ve been thinking about dosing nitrates and phosphates to my tank
Id say hermits usually like to stick around because they think its a shady place and fish won't see them and are trying to hide right under their tentacles and that causes damade to corals,and this usually happens at night time just go around with the flashlight and youll see them either on the skeleton of euphyllia or under it. I really like to bring up nitrates the natural way and not dose anything, for instance last week I chekced my nitares it showed 0, so for me to raise it I simply started feeding my corals polylab phyto planktons and would add more food and the results were nitrates 10 ppt and so that is the natural way which I prefer OR do it the not natural way which by dosing nitrates which is completely not harmful at all and its just remembering that you have to dose and plus the money you have to spend, so hey why not do it the natural way and free. Again completely up to you. And keep us posted of how the octospawns doing.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
it's a 13 gallon ,feed a little extra every other day ;)

OP
OP
T

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id say hermits usually like to stick around because they think its a shady place and fish won't see them and are trying to hide right under their tentacles and that causes damade to corals,and this usually happens at night time just go around with the flashlight and youll see them either on the skeleton of euphyllia or under it. I really like to bring up nitrates the natural way and not dose anything, for instance last week I chekced my nitares it showed 0, so for me to raise it I simply started feeding my corals polylab phyto planktons and would add more food and the results were nitrates 10 ppt and so that is the natural way which I prefer OR do it the not natural way which by dosing nitrates which is completely not harmful at all and its just remembering that you have to dose and plus the money you have to spend, so hey why not do it the natural way and free. Again completely up to you. And keep us posted of how the octospawns doing.
I actually bought some phyto plankton and tigger pods until my one clown ate them all in a day lol. But I’ll definitely try the natural way and see how it goes also thanks for all the help

reefer2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually bought some phyto plankton and tigger pods until my one clown ate them all in a day lol. But I’ll definitely try the natural way and see how it goes also thanks for all the help
No worries, and quick tip try spot feeding with turkey baster straight into the coral's mouth area and cut the pumps completely so it can accept the food, the leftover the hermota will keep it uphope this helps and keep us updated

OP
OP
T

thisguy1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just wanted to update this thread I added a few things since the last time. Firstly since getting my ai prime my diatoms exploded lol with the stock light I thought it was Dino since they were stringy and had lost of bubble last but with the prime I knew I was diatoms so all good. My lips corals seem to be doing a lot better and loving the light. Recently bought a rfg (random flow generator) and upgraded the return pump to sicce 1.0 it’s a little too much flow to me so turned it down to 25% - 35% but corals are me puffy and opened so seems good. Also added 5 trochus snails and a scarlet hermit all alive doing well. And added a mocha storm clown for my frostbite along with 3 bottles of reef nutrition tigger pods gonna order som apex next. But all in all everything is doing great haven’t had any issues just gotta put my corals in their permanent place kinda just placed them wherever until I was ready to glue them down lol. But I think I’m officially down live stock wise maybe one more hammer or frogspawn haha. Plan on getting a bigger tank next year maybe the fluval flex 32

1E4345AE-BD30-4A7A-A15F-B0EA5CFD1B6A.jpeg C4B71AA8-F603-47C0-B482-354DCF0FC462.jpeg D1B50061-4FDA-48A8-815C-C0B563ED4F54.jpeg 7FD4C63E-85D2-4640-A544-3D7FE3B3F006.jpeg 1B2E163B-F996-4155-A616-33B0A679C2AF.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6873.MOV
    16.5 MB

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nice to hear,looking good :)

PTXReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey just wanted to update this thread I added a few things since the last time. Firstly since getting my ai prime my diatoms exploded lol with the stock light I thought it was Dino since they were stringy and had lost of bubble last but with the prime I knew I was diatoms so all good. My lips corals seem to be doing a lot better and loving the light. Recently bought a rfg (random flow generator) and upgraded the return pump to sicce 1.0 it’s a little too much flow to me so turned it down to 25% - 35% but corals are me puffy and opened so seems good. Also added 5 trochus snails and a scarlet hermit all alive doing well. And added a mocha storm clown for my frostbite along with 3 bottles of reef nutrition tigger pods gonna order som apex next. But all in all everything is doing great haven’t had any issues just gotta put my corals in their permanent place kinda just placed them wherever until I was ready to glue them down lol. But I think I’m officially down live stock wise maybe one more hammer or frogspawn haha. Plan on getting a bigger tank next year maybe the fluval flex 32

1E4345AE-BD30-4A7A-A15F-B0EA5CFD1B6A.jpeg C4B71AA8-F603-47C0-B482-354DCF0FC462.jpeg D1B50061-4FDA-48A8-815C-C0B563ED4F54.jpeg 7FD4C63E-85D2-4640-A544-3D7FE3B3F006.jpeg 1B2E163B-F996-4155-A616-33B0A679C2AF.jpeg

Loving the new additions and the tank is looking great! :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back