Is my cyano finally dying?

tuggerlake26

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last month or so I have had a cyano outbreak. I started using a new water bucket, not realizing it was leeching contaminates into the water. I had been using an on-line TDS meter, and upon purchasing a separate on found out my TDS was near 100. Cue cyano.

Since then, I got new food grade buckets, with TDS at 0. I've been doing twice weekly water changes and dosing microbacter7. Things are looking much better, and the cyano has gone from thick sheets to stringy clumps. Is that a good sign?
20201025_111833.jpg

Ksull72487

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last month or so I have had a cyano outbreak. I started using a new water bucket, not realizing it was leeching contaminates into the water. I had been using an on-line TDS meter, and upon purchasing a separate on found out my TDS was near 100. Cue cyano.

Since then, I got new food grade buckets, with TDS at 0. I've been doing twice weekly water changes and dosing microbacter7. Things are looking much better, and the cyano has gone from thick sheets to stringy clumps. Is that a good sign?
20201025_111833.jpg
ChemiClean for sure. Just did it myself. You’ll know when it’s dieing it’ll start going gray and lifting off the rock then disappearing. Knock it out call it a day.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back