Is my glass too thick or an Mp10

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Mp10QD on my 25g lagoon from IM, and recently just scored a pretty sweat deal on the 50g version. In the tank specification, the glass thickness is 10mm, while the max glass thickness that Ecotech calls out in there specs for an Mp10 is 0.375 inches (9.5mm).

I took the mp10 off the 25g and put it on the 50g to see for myself, and it holds. Doesn't haven't the strongest attraction, but it's on there fairly well.

So, I know the manufactures recommendations are there for a reason, but i'm just wondering if this is one of those things where you don't have to follow through exactly as it says. Ideally, I'm going to use the existing Mp10 on the 50, paired up with another ecotech pump, either another mp10, or an mp40.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago i had an MP10(original style i assume the magnets are the same but no idea really) on a 10mm glass tank.

I hated it. It held fine 99% of the time. However occassionally something would bump it....usually my wrasse at feeding time....and off the tank it came.

OP
OP
L

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago i had an MP10(original style i assume the magnets are the same but no idea really) on a 10mm glass tank.

I hated it. It held fine 99% of the time. However occassionally something would bump it....usually my wrasse at feeding time....and off the tank it came.

Thanks for sharing your experience with me!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back