Is my Hammer Coral too close to my other coals?

Larry101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a picture of my new frags (this is a nano tank and I finally got my first frags). The coral right where the head of the clownfish is my pulsing xenia, the coral at the top is a hammer, and the coral to the right on the side of the rock work is gsp. I am just wondering if my hammer is too close to my other frags. If so, could I just prune the other corals away as the grow, or should I move them. I want to keep the hammer in its spot it is because my tank is a column tank (not an ideal tank footprint for lighting) and I wan't the hammer to get sufficient lighting. Thanks!

IMG_2002.jpeg

Webslinger

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammers do well at all light levels. I have some on my sand bed and some 2 inches from the waterline. Just move them down/up slowly over a few days and they will be fine.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My hammers do well at all light levels. I have some on my sand bed and some 2 inches from the waterline. Just move them down/up slowly over a few days and they will be fine.
I completely agree with you. I have one in 400 par, and one in 150 par. Both do well, but I had to acclimate the one in 400 par to that lighting. You can't just place them in high lighting and expect it to be fine. They have to be acclimated to the high light.

OP
OP
L

Larry101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light I am running is an aqua knight so it’s not the brightest light out there. Also I put it at the very top because my tank is a 15 gallon column tank which isn’t a good footprint for lightning at all. Here is a better picture of my tank to show you how high my rock work goes. The other picture was a bit missleading in that sense, but I wanted to get all of the corals in the picture to show if they are too close.

6FF173A4-46B7-499E-A301-187EA3243AA2.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back