Is my mandarin too skinny? Please help me ???

Anak’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your mandarin is definitely skinny. There are only supposed to be one line on the mandarin. If there are two and one is smack dab in the middle of its body, it’s skinny. The only one you should see is the line running through the body near the top of its body just like the line on nanocrazed’s spotted mandarin. I have a tiny mandarin less than inch and she has been here for a month. Here’s a picture of her:
D89D4208-5200-4C27-9690-3D3BF6102F90.jpeg
9CFCBAA5-8416-4AC4-ABEB-C642BBD3CE87.jpeg
You can kind of tell the top line through her body right? That’s a good line, it’s easier to tell by Nanocrazed’s mandarin

boeingn747

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been 5 years. Anyone have any idea how long that little fella made it? Guessing from the pictures he was knocking on heavens door. I can't imagine that things turned around soon enough for that him to have made a full recovery. I'd love an update. Are you still in the hobby? I bet you have learned a lot since 2017 if you didn't throw in the towel soon after this.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mandarins tail is always beat up. I think it from going in and out of the rock work. Mandarins are definitely picky eaters. If he's losing weight now he probably won't make it.
You should know:
These fish have evolved into being around rocks. In the wild they’re constantly around sharp rocks hunting for pods and micro fauna. A fish won’t just tear its tail on rock unless it has a reason why it’s tail is caught. Often due to Aggression.

A Young Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it's been 5 years. Anyone have any idea how long that little fella made it? Guessing from the pictures he was knocking on heavens door. I can't imagine that things turned around soon enough for that him to have made a full recovery. I'd love an update. Are you still in the hobby? I bet you have learned a lot since 2017 if you didn't throw in the towel soon after this.
Lase seen is June 2017. I think little buddy didn't make it. I dont think that i wouldve been able to give any better help but i for sure wont start telling him to remove grain hair algae and get more cuc...

NanoCrazed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you still use the pod hotel? Is it still worth the money?
lol... for $2 - 3. not counting the initial pod loading and chaeto, I'd say it's worth the money if you aren't keeping a refugium or have a lot of rock work.

I still have it running in my Fluval 13.5G. Not because I need it anymore but since it works, too lazy to take it out. I occasionally use that tank still to house new mandarins or ruby reds.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back