Is my nano stock list too much? I'm assuming if I'm thinking it is, it'll probably be so.

EcoFriendlyMouth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am in the process of stocking my first tank, a 15g. Right now, my stock list:

Current:
- 2 Cerith snails
- Zoas, came on liverock when I got it

Planning:

-1 Ocellaris (This weekend)
- One Randall's shrimp goby with a pistol shrimp companion
-1 firefish
- Couple hermit crabs
- Easy corals in a minute or two

I feel like my filtration and water movement may be able to handle it, however I am not positive. I have 10ish lbs of live rock, live sand, two chambers of sponge, a nano protein skimmer, biomedia, and can add plenty of carbon. Is this gonna be too much for bioload for the tank to handle? Im totally willing to ditch the firefish if so, and if this tank will just not be suitable for a shrimp goby and its companion I will definitely put a fish in a stressful situation.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d skip the firefish as they are too skittery for a small tank, imo, maybe for any tank for that matter? They jump at the slightest provocation ime.

otherwise, if you keep up with water changes and feed lightly you can succeed with that biological load until your next upgrade. :)

OP
OP
EcoFriendlyMouth

EcoFriendlyMouth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d skip the firefish as they are too skittery for a small tank, imo, maybe for any tank for that matter? They jump at the slightest provocation ime.

otherwise, if you keep up with water changes and feed lightly you can succeed with that biological load until your next upgrade. :)

Sounds good! thanks for the verification!

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The female Clown can get to a bit over 4 inches I think. I don’t know if your tank will be able to handle the bioload so ask but I believe since the Goby’s a bottom dweller and not too active you could get away with 4 if you have a good skimmer. Male Clown will be around 3 inches tops, if I’m not wrong.

mute0514

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now I am just looking at one because of the bioload. Big fish that i'm setting the tank up for is a randalls goby. Would the tank be able to handle two ocellaris and the goby/shrimp pair?
good call. I am running a 20 with the one clown for the same reason. it allows me to feed every other day and keep nutrients at bay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back