Is my Red Sea Reefer XL 425 safe to fill? Serious concern.

ccombs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Tracy Morgan and his obsession with tanks & fish? :)
After seeing Tracy Morgan in 30 Rock, this is exactly who I would have hoped he would be like in real life. lol.

58a248e06b66d13009d3a395.jpeg

OP
OP
Mike.P

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing Tracy Morgan in 30 Rock, this is exactly who I would have hoped he would be like in real life. lol.

58a248e06b66d13009d3a395.jpeg

Yeah, it's pretty sweet! That shark tank is ugly though, if you ask me. I don't know why ATM does stuff like that, with their glaringly fake looking coral inserts, or the cartoony looking giant shark and boat decorations with his setup... I say let a tank and its livestock speak for themselves.

Brian1f1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then lean on the LFS means exactly what?

It really isn’t that complicated friend. It means I think RedSea may opt to pressure the LFS to work with OP, and that they likely have the capacity to do so if they do decide that is indeed their preferred path towards resolution. This opinion has nothing to do with who or to what degree anyone or any entity SHOULD be responsible for anything (which would simply be another opinion, one I don’t think is really worth thinking to hard about right now, as I’m a pragmatist).

OP
OP
Mike.P

Mike.P

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the final result - am curious?

I apologize, I didn't mean to leave everyone hanging. The whole situation got fairly complicated, but there is a resolution in the works; I'll update this once everything is actually done and settled. It's been a little on the back burner this past week anyway... My grandmother went into the hospital last Friday and sadly, she died Monday evening. So I've been dealing with all of that. But if everyone actually does what they've committed to doing, this mess with the tank should be resolved on Sunday.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize, I didn't mean to leave everyone hanging. The whole situation got fairly complicated, but there is a resolution in the works; I'll update this once everything is actually done and settled. It's been a little on the back burner this past week anyway... My grandmother went into the hospital last Friday and sadly, she died Monday evening. So I've been dealing with all of that. But if everyone actually does what they've committed to doing, this mess with the tank should be resolved on Sunday.

Please accept my deepest sympathy on your terrible loss.

Noobreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyh there, came across your thread and i had the same issue. I figured out what happened for mine.

Basically after my shipment, i placed the main tank with the styrofoam and cardboard wrappings on a built cabinet with the foam. So when i removed the said styrofoam and wrappings, the foam had sunked in as well.

I dont believe its a manufacturing defect. Lucky for me i have not filled the tank with water, so i am probably going to paste 2 strips of foam tape to compensate.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-22 at 9.09.34 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-22 at 9.09.34 AM (1).jpeg

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyh there, came across your thread and i had the same issue. I figured out what happened for mine.

Basically after my shipment, i placed the main tank with the styrofoam and cardboard wrappings on a built cabinet with the foam. So when i removed the said styrofoam and wrappings, the foam had sunked in as well.

I dont believe its a manufacturing defect. Lucky for me i have not filled the tank with water, so i am probably going to paste 2 strips of foam tape to compensate.

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-22 at 9.09.34 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2019-10-22 at 9.09.34 AM (1).jpeg
In the original the tank was clearly not flat regardless of foam or not. RS will say sorry if the tank leaks and ruins thousands in flooring, and will offer a new tank in compensation. Warranties suck in general.

Back