Is my Scopas Tang Okay??!

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, So i recently just got a new scopas tang ive had him in my tank for about exactly 1 whole day now and i’ve closely noticed that he flinches or twitches his top fin every so often (i’ll insert a video below) he’s house in a 120 gallon with just one small foxface. I had 4 clowns in my tank who came down with brooklynella yesterday right after i put my scopas in the tank after acclimated. Anybody know what the twitch could possibly be?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.mov
    13.8 MB

PlumbTuckered

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, So i recently just got a new scopas tang ive had him in my tank for about exactly 1 whole day now and i’ve closely noticed that he flinches or twitches his top fin every so often (i’ll insert a video below) he’s house in a 120 gallon with just one small foxface. I had 4 clowns in my tank who came down with brooklynella yesterday right after i put my scopas in the tank after acclimated. Anybody know what the twitch could possibly be?
The twitching you see is called flashing. And it's a symptom of disease. The scopas is likely the source of the Brook.

You need to place all of your fish in a hospital tank and treat the disease. Also, you need to go fallow in your display for 4 months.

OP
OP
J

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The twitching you see is called flashing. And it's a symptom of disease. The scopas is likely the source of the Brook.

You need to place all of your fish in a hospital tank and treat the disease. Also, you need to go fallow in your display for 4 months.
what product should i treat him with? should i check for flukes?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The symptoms you describe suggest flukes and not disease. Flukes are actually parasitic flatworms belonging to the class of Monogeans which causes the fish to become lethargic, swim near the water surface, develop clamped fins, hide in the corner of the tank or behind rocks, lose their appetite, shake their head, flash, or scratch. They may also express what looks like yawning. It is easy to treat but must be confirmed. Generally Formalin or Prazi Pro are good treatment IF the fish is confirmed with flukes. (formalin-Quick cure or ruby Rally Pro)
To confirm, you can give it a freshwater dip in a CLEAN bucket of tap water the same temp of display tank for 5 mins then return to display tank.
Look on bottom after with a flashlight and look for what looks like sesame seeds or fish scales. Those will be flukes.

OP
OP
J

jaredrah777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The symptoms you describe suggest flukes and not disease. Flukes are actually parasitic flatworms belonging to the class of Monogeans which causes the fish to become lethargic, swim near the water surface, develop clamped fins, hide in the corner of the tank or behind rocks, lose their appetite, shake their head, flash, or scratch. They may also express what looks like yawning. It is easy to treat but must be confirmed. Generally Formalin or Prazi Pro are good treatment IF the fish is confirmed with flukes. (formalin-Quick cure or ruby Rally Pro)
To confirm, you can give it a freshwater dip in a CLEAN bucket of tap water the same temp of display tank for 5 mins then return to display tank.
Look on bottom after with a flashlight and look for what looks like sesame seeds or fish scales. Those will be flukes.
just ordered prazi pro thank you

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back