IS MY TAILSPOT BLENNY HIDING??

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I got a small tailspot blenny a few weeks ago and now I don't see him ANYWHERE in the tank. I checked all surrounding areas of the tank to see if he might of jumped and I don't see anything. Is it possible he found a new rock to hide in and isn't showing himself?? I doubt he just died in the tank because my nitrates and phos are good and I have alot of CUC that would definitely be all over him if he died. Please let me know what you guys think or if your blennys hide for an extended period of time.

Fishy212

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CHECK YOUR OVERFLOW!!!!
I HELPED NUMEROUS r2reefers find their blennies in the overflow box. ALL SURVIVED! Let me know if you need to jerryrig a rescue. Best of luck.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CHECK YOUR OVERFLOW!!!!
I HELPED NUMEROUS r2reefers find their blennies in the overflow box. ALL SURVIVED! Let me know if you need to jerryrig a rescue. Best of luck.
I don't have a overflow only a powerhead and a HOB filter that I checked completely empty.

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a overflow only a powerhead and a HOB filter that I checked completely empty.
Depending on the personality I would say likely it is just hiding. Certain fish are remarkable at hiding when they are scared. I had a green clown goby that didn't show itself for a month - just came out last week to eat. If you have checked the ground I would say the safest bet is fish is alive in the tank somewhere.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no lid?

It's hard to find bodies of tiny fish as they turn into the tiniest pieces of jerky.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on the personality I would say likely it is just hiding. Certain fish are remarkable at hiding when they are scared. I had a green clown goby that didn't show itself for a month - just came out last week to eat. If you have checked the ground I would say the safest bet is fish is alive in the tank somewhere.
Well I finally found him..... RIP

Attachments

• 20210515_125254.jpg
    20210515_125254.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 61

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back