Is Myfrags Flaming Krak Paly a Krakatoa?

lps1212

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they just sold a 2p frag on eBay for 810 so does this mean they have already dropped 100 in value since each polyp went for 405 each now :tongue:

e.litvin

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the "hype theory" its just whats new right now. In 6 months something else will come out and this polyp will be around $100-150. When I buy I make sure a) I like how it looks and b) if its in my budget. Rarity isnt a huge factor because if multiple people can buy it and let it grow, its not going to be as rare anymore. I will agree that rare stuff is usually the best looking, but lets be honest its a $10 Darth Maul with a bright green ring. I'd take a hallucination paly or shazaam for 1/3 of the price 365 days a year. I would love to own one dont get me wrong but it will not be until its in the $75-100 range.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the "hype theory" its just whats new right now. In 6 months something else will come out and this polyp will be around $100-150. When I buy I make sure a) I like how it looks and b) if its in my budget. Rarity isnt a huge factor because if multiple people can buy it and let it grow, its not going to be as rare anymore. I will agree that rare stuff is usually the best looking, but lets be honest its a $10 Darth Maul with a bright green ring. I'd take a hallucination paly or shazaam for 1/3 of the price 365 days a year. I would love to own one dont get me wrong but it will not be until its in the $75-100 range.

I am agreeing somewhat with you on the hype theory... Hype did drive up the price but I think if there was a way for people to see them in person, it would have been worst..... I have a lot of collector z/p including hallucinations and trust me that these make the hallucinations look almost like a common paly when they are sitting next to each other. I guess it is hard to explain with out seeing them in person.

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually disagree that the Krakatoa is darth maul with a green ring. Full spectrum and hallucination paly would fall into such category as well if that was the case. Look at hallucination, its price tag is still going strong and the waiting list is rather long. For Krakatoa to become 75-100pp price range, it would take a while. Are u willing to wait for 3 or more years for the price to drop? And what if the price did not drop to your desired budget after 3 years? Most of the collectors would prefer to own it ASAP lol.

Last edited:

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With everyone saying its a fast grower and hardy it's hard to believe the price will stay inflated.

The original bowsers grew slow and need perfect conditions to color up. The also tended to melt when fragged. Hence the maintained high price. Same for the hallucination. Most of the bigger names had their colonies slowly fade away.

Supply and demand. My guess is we will see the first offspring of the Krakatoa going for the current market price but since it has been claimed by everyone that owns them to grow quickly and frag well it's tough to maintain that "hyped" price. Time will tell obviously.

If there was one colony in the ocean there probably is another.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I don't know about the fragging part...... I heard the other few people that got them had them melt on them.... I do know that one went to england... I guess we will see how his does

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be shaking if I were to frag the Krak. If Krak was really a darth maul morph then there was a big chance that they can be melters. Only time will tell. Meanwhile lets enjoy the hype of this paly hahaha.

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With everyone saying its a fast grower and hardy it's hard to believe the price will stay inflated.

The original bowsers grew slow and need perfect conditions to color up. The also tended to melt when fragged. Hence the maintained high price. Same for the hallucination. Most of the bigger names had their colonies slowly fade away.

Supply and demand. My guess is we will see the first offspring of the Krakatoa going for the current market price but since it has been claimed by everyone that owns them to grow quickly and frag well it's tough to maintain that "hyped" price. Time will tell obviously.

If there was one colony in the ocean there probably is another.

I thought it took 500 years for the ocean to produce 50 Kraks lol.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if the divers that collect use a blue led to collect? If not most zoas would look brown. It would be very hard to find something specific without actinics. KO nightmares are the mother of all this amzing zoas. VDMs, darth mauls, krugers, spectrums and God knows how many more. I hope i can find some at macna for a decent price or trade.

duke4130

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again crappy iPhone pic.... Sorry.... Maybe I can coax Josh into coming to California to take some pictures...LOL.... You can see that the Krakatoa is much more vivid in color than the hallucination and the hallucinations are bright....

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Again crappy iPhone pic.... Sorry.... Maybe I can coax Josh into coming to California to take some pictures...LOL.... You can see that the Krakatoa is much more vivid in color than the hallucination and the hallucinations are bright....

Buy me a plane ticket and i crash in your house and you got it!!!!!!!

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can crash at the house, that's not a problem... You buy the plane ticket and I will reimburse you with frags... Lol:bigsmile:

Is that invitation only for Josh? I am jealous. Those nuclear sunsets look awesome and huge too. Where is the rasta rainbow?

Last edited:
OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You came and didn't bring your camera..... You were all tied up in going to the zoo....LOL

U didn't have Krak at that time, but now its the different story. I am motivated if there is a place to crash and frag to reimburse lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back