Is planet aquarium worth it over other premium manufacturers ?

JJSins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 2 options are a waterbox 130.4 or a Crystaline Reef (120 Gallons) - Planet Aquariums. There is about a $300 difference and basically want to know if the extra $300 is worth it. I feel like the overflow on waterbox is better but have no clue.

Please let me know what you think.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent set it up yet but i just received my Planet 235gallon. Im really pleased with how it looks and theyre one of the best priced manufacturers for custom tanks

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I havent set it up yet but i just received my Planet 235gallon. Im really pleased with how it looks and theyre one of the best priced manufacturers for custom tanks
Good pricing, greeeat glass! but I've heard their work lately on silicone has been sloppy or even missing in non-critical places.

Im waiting to drop about $4k on a Planet tank and stand but in a holding pattern until I hear their work becomes less sloppy.... which I believe has smthg to do with covid and staffing. Idk. Im waiting...

Last edited:

thesoulpatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered the 140 with stand and canopy, and was told it would take 8-10wks for it to arrive.

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good pricing, greeeat glass! but I've heard their work lately on silicone has been sloppy or even missing in non-critical places.

Im waiting to drop about $4k on a Planet tank and stand but in a holding pattern until I hear their work becomes less sloppy.... which I believe has smthg to do with covid and staffing. Idk. Im waiting...

Silicone looks fine on my tank

jft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a Tideline filter brand new leak and spent All Last saturday cleaning the carpet and NOW fighting with the seller and My UNRELIABLE credit card company after I spent 545 dollars for shoddy work!

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The silicone on a planet 120 at my local LFS looks like crap. I imagine their custom tanks are probably better, but I don't think I would buy one of their off the shelf tanks.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 122 58.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 30.0%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 36.2%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 34 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 62 30.0%
Back