Is prazipro safe with sea cucumber, sea hares?

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve looked around google and the forums and haven’t found an answer to this. I have a sea cucumber that came in the LR and a few sea hares. I can get the sea hares out if needed but the sea cucumber is another story. He lives deep in a major rock. When they die it’s disgusting and it would nuke my tank. Any experience with this?

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think prazipro messes with featherdusters, but i believe echinoderms will tolerate it well.

you might try scoping out the tank an hour after all the tank lights are out, and hopefully catch him out in the open.

OP
OP
C

Costareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think prazipro messes with featherdusters, but i believe echinoderms will tolerate it well.

you might try scoping out the tank an hour after all the tank lights are out, and hopefully catch him out in the open.

Thanks for the reply. This sucker lives in the rocks and any time there is light he withdraws into the rock. The sea hares no problem to remove

Phycodurus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you may try capping a flashlight with a red filter to minimize a flight response (and eye-ball it when he's far from any secure escape into the rock as the moment to pull him out).

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back