Is something wrong with my clown???

westmipost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently 1 week into QT, treating with Copper Power and Nitrofurazone. She has been acting a fool since yesterday. She looks 100% as far as body goes. Smaller male is acting as normal. Anyone recognize this behavior? Salinity, temp and PH is good. Copper around 2.3.

Attachments

• IMG_3922 2.mov
    53.4 MB
OP
OP
W

westmipost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding the video again, can’t tell if it posted. I’ll also mention, I was zoomed in from the kitchen, I didn’t want her demeanor to change when I walked in the room.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    31.7 MB

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Currently 1 week into QT, treating with Copper Power and Nitrofurazone. She has been acting a fool since yesterday. She looks 100% as far as body goes. Smaller male is acting as normal. Anyone recognize this behavior? Salinity, temp and PH is good. Copper around 2.3.
Im not a fan of mixing meds and Nitro should have been dosed at 10 mg per gal when added. Add oxygen with air stone especially when mixing meds.
Video not showing up. Try you tube version

OP
OP
W

westmipost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not a fan of mixing meds and Nitro should have been dosed at 10 mg per gal when added. Add oxygen with air stone especially when mixing meds.
Video not showing up. Try you tube version
We do have an air stone in the back corner. Went this route following the BRS QT method. I'm not sure how to get the video to post. GAHH

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I hear sound but no image

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Adding the video again, can’t tell if it posted. I’ll also mention, I was zoomed in from the kitchen, I didn’t want her demeanor to change when I walked in the room.
I am able to see this video. Its a clown being a clown and I believe as they often do, playing with its reflection. It appears (could be wrong), the water flow may be a little much as the dark one seems to be resisting current as it swims

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the ammonia level?

Is the clown eating well?

Jay

OP
OP
W

westmipost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the ammonia level?

Is the clown eating well?

Jay
Haven't tested ammonia today but should be low, water change last night. She's been picky with the mysis but they both have been. Eating pellets and brine just fine. The video not working is unfortunate. But she darts around the tank, face first in the corners and she keeps swimming circles around the temp probe. The swimming seems erratic.

OP
OP
W

westmipost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am able to see this video. Its a clown being a clown and I believe as they often do, playing with its reflection. It appears (could be wrong), the water flow may be a little much as the dark one seems to be resisting current as it swims
I appreciate the response, so glad you can see the video! We've got 1 more week in the QT tank and then they'll move to the biocube (Waterbox is on the way, 60 Gallon display). The flow is just from the filter/pump, you think she'll be ok for the week? This behavior has only taken place since yesterday. Been in the QT tank for 3 weeks, treatment for the last week.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I appreciate the response, so glad you can see the video! We've got 1 more week in the QT tank and then they'll move to the biocube (Waterbox is on the way, 60 Gallon display). The flow is just from the filter/pump, you think she'll be ok for the week? This behavior has only taken place since yesterday. Been in the QT tank for 3 weeks, treatment for the last week.
if eating and breathing normal and no skin issues, finish the QT period

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't tested ammonia today but should be low, water change last night. She's been picky with the mysis but they both have been. Eating pellets and brine just fine. The video not working is unfortunate. But she darts around the tank, face first in the corners and she keeps swimming circles around the temp probe. The swimming seems erratic.

Double check the ammonia, you need to rule that out. Is it breathing fast?

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back