Is Stylocoeniella a Challenge to keep?

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For people with experience with this coral, is it hard to keep? I can keep euphyllia/torch, but i struggle with acropora.

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a low maintenance coral for me. Only trouble I have had was too much light made a new frag pale for a while. It’s best to keep them on their own rock to keep contained. They will grow in low light. Still need stable correct parameters.
663157E2-E3A2-452A-B03E-F95AB4F12C18.jpeg

OP
OP
TbSaysNo

TbSaysNo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a low maintenance coral for me. Only trouble I have had was too much light made a new frag pale for a while. It’s best to keep them on their own rock to keep contained. They will grow in low light. Still need stable correct parameters.
663157E2-E3A2-452A-B03E-F95AB4F12C18.jpeg
That’s a big one! I try to keep my parameters stable but my tank is still only 8 months old

rossco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Burnin' Banana is pretty good sized, and there is 5 different Stylos in the photo. There is also Jose’s Pink Polyp, JF Sunset, WWC Loony Toon, and the the blue/ green one is an wild unnamed one I got locally.

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 56.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.6%
Back