is T5 hybrid an option for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, im posting here, as i know Ryan is a huge proponent of T5 hybrid, so i need yalls help. Aqueon 72 gallon bowfront. Have 2 Ai hydra 32s on hand. Was considering dropping them in a t5 hybrid but everything is 18 inches wide, and a bow tank is not. Any help to decide if that will look stupid, just right, too much etc? the added cost of the T5 hybrid fixture, may actually be cheaper than the custom canopy my wife wants to "hide the hydras"

I plan some choice SPS, LPS and clams.

bacc2bacc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   1
you can never go wrong with the t5/led combo, especially the kessil/t5 combo. I am currently running just AI leds also, it just doesn't give off the kind of blue that kessil does. Am looking to switch to the new X series kessil soon. best of luck to you.

OP
OP
southerntnreefer

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can never go wrong with the t5/led combo, especially the kessil/t5 combo. I am currently running just AI leds also, it just doesn't give off the kind of blue that kessil does. Am looking to switch to the new X series kessil soon. best of luck to you.
I almost went Kessil, but even in a t5 hybrid, my wife didnt like the look of em, so i went Ai. I love the T5 hybrid, just not sure if it would hang over the sides too much front to back as its a bowfront.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back