is that red sores or bacterial infection on Queen angel?

PP2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI guys,
I have had this queen for 3 weeks in the main tank, and just notice today she got this red sores on her body, not sure what that is, or perhaps it is infection?
The rock beauty has not been nice to her, because the queen is smaller, so I am guessing she has been attacked. Now I am running her melafix, is there anything else I can dose? Is that redness on her fin normal to you?
The panaflex is coming tomorrow, appreciate all your input !
THANKS

IMG_0475.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the fish still feeding? It could be from being harassed by the rock beauty, but I’d expect to see more in the way of damaged fins.
Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PP2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she eats very well as does swim, I am also thinking about the stress and bacterial, anything I can do to help her? thanks

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
she eats very well as does swim, I am also thinking about the stress and bacterial, anything I can do to help her? thanks
The Kanaplex is what I would suggest for unknown possible bacterial infections, in a treatment tank though, not your DT. I wouldn't rely much on Melafix, it is more of a tonic than a true antibiotic.
Does the fish have more than just those two lesions?

Jay

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

PP2019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS!
I am gonna try the kanaplex tomorrow when it come, i discover there might be more lesions on the other side of her body, but this one in the pic is the the biggest one. Is it ok to add paraguard to the kanaplex?

Upvote 0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
THANKS!
I am gonna try the kanaplex tomorrow when it come, i discover there might be more lesions on the other side of her body, but this one in the pic is the the biggest one. Is it ok to add paraguard to the kanaplex?
I'm not a big fan of Paraguard in marine tanks, it hasn't worked well for me, but I don't know of any direct reaction between those two medications.

Jay

Upvote 0

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back