Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well guess what they just showed up at BRS again. Go quick or they will be gone.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may be metering them out like they did with the 2-month sets earlier this year.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They may be metering them out like they did with the 2-month sets earlier this year.
I suspect your right. I cannot see ordering more than one 6 month kit at a time. If in 6 months things are exactly the same as they are now it will mean testing my tank will be the least of my problems. Also I think the expiry date does not lend itself to stocking more than 6 months worth unless your doing more than the standard 4-2-2 testing.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For Canadians, reef supplies have the 6 months reagents in stock. Only 24 left the last time I checked.

Good that they only have 1 year shelf live. That way nobody is hoarding them.

U

User1

View Badges
I suspect your right. I cannot see ordering more than one 6 month kit at a time. If in 6 months things are exactly the same as they are now it will mean testing my tank will be the least of my problems. Also I think the expiry date does not lend itself to stocking more than 6 months worth unless your doing more than the standard 4-2-2 testing.

You should not order more than one 6 month kit. They have a sell by date and shelf life. The live stream a week back talked about it. I should clarify though - if you are testing using the lowest setting then do not buy more than one 6 month kit. However, if you are testing in a higher frequency then yes, buy 2.

They said they expect the availability to ebb and flow for the next few weeks or even a month as production gets back to normal and the initial rush to purchase settles down. It will balance out but right now it is going to be a slinky or mouse through a snake effect.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had no trouble finding the 2-month sets. Was able to find a 6-month right as I opened the last 2-month. Glad to hear Neptune is rounding the corner on supply ......

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had no trouble finding the 2-month sets. Was able to find a 6-month right as I opened the last 2-month. Glad to hear Neptune is rounding the corner on supply ......
I have noticed that over the last six days neither BRS or MD have had either the 2 or 6 month supply.
I am not sure if I am just checking at the wrong time of day. Have you seen them in stock recently?
I don't mind this model of in and out of stock so long as they can have the six month supply in stock for at least a week every month. I am still waiting for my 6 month one to arrive but I still have a box of 2 month in reserve. BTW I have not seen the 6 month one for sale at Marine Depot since the release announcement.

U

User1

View Badges
I have noticed that over the last six days neither BRS or MD have had either the 2 or 6 month supply.
I am not sure if I am just checking at the wrong time of day. Have you seen them in stock recently?
I don't mind this model of in and out of stock so long as they can have the six month supply in stock for at least a week every month. I am still waiting for my 6 month one to arrive but I still have a box of 2 month in reserve. BTW I have not seen the 6 month one for sale at Marine Depot since the release announcement.

I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that they just sold out as quick as everybody else.

Not sure if it is applicable or if you caught it but the Neptune live stream a week or so back they said that the 6 month kits would be released but expect it to fluctuate. The initial demand would be high but they got them out. As they worked through the process and hobbyists purchased the first round they expected it to settle down. Like a snake eating a rat and it digesting it...it takes time to work its way down :D

Anyway on a similar note they asked hobbyist not to buy in bulk and buy one for two reasons. One to help ebb the flow for all fellow hobbyists but the other was that there is a sell by date and 1 year shelf life. Anyway I was looking for a 6 month but missed them all so buying a 2 month kit and will pick up the 6 later.

They did sell out quick and I didn't have any notify me alerts set up :D You snooze you lose I guess!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw the video and was excited to hear the news
I kind of figured it would be a slow roll out for the same reasons you stated. I assume most people who get a pack will not be back for at least 5 months. Overall I never really understood what it was they were trying to accomplish since we all use a box every two months the annual demand remains the same regardless of how it is supplied. Yes it was a short term fix for the first month or so but like most I always ordered two boxes at a time and just sucked up and the extra expense.

Last edited:

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs was nice enough to save me some, so I’m good for 6 months!

9EB32628-728A-4A07-9DF1-3A844FF23922.jpeg

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back