Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TLO45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All I can say is that your priorities are all wrong...

As already noted above prior to the world changing reagents are always available. Neptune always carried the 2 month supply kit as a fall back while the online and LFS carried the 6 month supply. Reagents was never the issues. The Trident itself was the difficult item to find. If this is a product you wanted, and hunted for, and scoured the net, then you would know this.

Now, let me share two little nuggets with you that may educate you as to what is really going on. First the good news. Prior to the pandemic that is changing the way businesses big and small work around the world (which it seems you expect business as usual) Neptune has been able to slowly increase their last mile test and inspections in house which all Tridents do before shipped. Which simply means they have been able to get more Tridents out to the US customers.

The bad news. This means more reagents are being bought. When people buy a Trident they usually also pick up a 6 month reagent supply at the same time (not to rely on the 2 month it comes with - did you do that?). Now for the bombshell. On the February 20th live stream Neptune did they shared some information about reagents. The problem now isn't the Trident but the end users. See, it turns out all of the initial polling of the community / hobbyists on how many tests they want to run daily turns out "not to be true". At all. People are actually testing way more than what they polled and so you have the higher reagent demand and a supply chain built for a different one.

Think of it like a rat being swallowed by a snake and how the bump (rat) is slowly digested. Graphic I know but the issue really is two fold. The pandemic (businesses across the globe are shifting work hours) which impacts production and end users testing more than what was projected resulting in higher demand.

Note: I get you are frustrated but there is no magic wand or fairy dust that will help here. It will take an act of God if you believe, or Mother Nature, human ingenuity, or blind luck to get everything back to normal. In the mean time go outside and kick a bush if it helps you feel better and set some alerts.

You can find them. You just need to do a bit more work these days until this blows over.
Whatever. So Neptune is the only company you have to run a marathon to get their product while other companies have their products on the shelf ready to ship. Your saying they are the Golden child of reefing? I don’t think so although I know many believe that ( including Neptune) Believe what you want I still think it’s ridiculous! I’m done here.

U

User1

View Badges
Whatever. So Neptune is the only company you have to run a marathon to get their product while other companies have their products on the shelf ready to ship. Your saying they are the Golden child of reefing? I don’t think so although I know many believe that ( including Neptune) Believe what you want I still think it’s ridiculous! I’m done here.

What part of global businesses or world pandemic don't you understand?

I personally am glad you are done. You have been registered since 2014 and 30 some posts. Not really helping the community much other than complain about something in low quantities. When fellow hobbyists try and assist you or explain why it could be you continue the course without taking a step back and say you know, maybe they are right.

Have you tried to buy toilet paper the last couple of months? Did you reach out to Northern or any other manufacture and complain how you can't find any in stock? Same thing. Manufactures produced an amount they could move daily, weekly, monthly, and reserve. They knew what they needed, what was used, and managed their pipeline / supply chain while maintaining a return on investment. Money in, money out, costs, you name it.

Pandemic. People bought more. Daily, weekly, monthly stock(s) impacted. Supply chain is set for X and now they need Y. Guess what, there is a toilet paper shortage and it takes time to fix. Neptune is no different.

edsbeaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dynamictank.com has some 2 mos. right now. Mine is being shipped on Monday. Contact them if you need some. They are eager to help

njb2345

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In stock at Bulk reef supply. 2 month deal

jk1151

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say though that I have set up alerts from every vendor I know that sells this stuff and I didn't get an alert today from BRS. Not sure why that is. I even a few times a week go in and make sure to resubscribe just in case. So that is weird I didn't get an alert. Oh well, thanks to this forum I was able to grab another 2 month supply. I wanted to get more but figured there are plenty of others out there that want/need it so I didn't want to get greedy. :)

U

User1

View Badges
And this is why this thread, and the trident availability thread, is the best. People post hey, any signs and people say sure, here you go. The community is super awesome in helping people out.

So to those who replied finding them in stock and helping the lad out, thank you. You are rocking it.

Hope everyone is having a grand day.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, I also got 1. They are down to 48.

Hitch08

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, shame on me for not checking this website on Saturday. I have a bunch of tabs opened to various vendors. Saltwateraquarium wasn't one of them. Poop.

Not sure why I'm not getting in stock emails from BRS, but i'm not. I'll keep looking.

block134

Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got off the phone with Neptune systems and they have a small crew working to bottle reagents and work on some RMAs. Hopefully vendors will start getting more in stock soon!!

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, shame on me for not checking this website on Saturday. I have a bunch of tabs opened to various vendors. Saltwateraquarium wasn't one of them. Poop.

Not sure why I'm not getting in stock emails from BRS, but i'm not. I'll keep looking.
Dynamic tank in NY had some reagents might want to check them out.

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Probably already know this but just Incase: They are not recurring from what I understand. Once it is stock and then sells out you have to sign up again.
Secondly, most major cellular companies support email to text. I get in-stock notifications as texts so I see them much faster and more reliable than my Apple mailbox.
Verizon system uses your phone number plus @vtext.com
Ex: [email protected]

JeepinReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably already know this but just Incase: They are not recurring from what I understand. Once it is stock and then sells out you have to sign up again.
Secondly, most major cellular companies support email to text. I get in-stock notifications as texts so I see them much faster and more reliable than my Apple mailbox.
Verizon system uses your phone number plus @vtext.com
Ex: [email protected]

Great tips! Thanks very much.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back