Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s true, but I refuse to pay an additional $20 every month just so that I can say “hey I got 6 month reagent” this hobby is expensive enough as it is then add in the $45 for 2 month test or $100 for 6 month. You’re essentially paying $220 for a 6 month reagent kit
So I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. Apparently the $20 subscription is somewhat of a payment plan for a 6 month reagent kit. Instead of paying $100 all at once, you pay it in $20 monthly payments. You DO NOT pay $20/month and then pay the $100 for 6 month reagent kit (not $220). I apologize for my initial post about it. @DynamicTank contacted me and clarified as they said it is confusing to read on their site.

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The subscription is great man. And Marc honors his word. Who else would take the time to prioritize shipments to those with the most need instead of the most cash.
Top notch in my opinion.
I buy all my apex stuff from @DynamicTank

Charles4400

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. Apparently the $20 subscription is somewhat of a payment plan for a 6 month reagent kit. Instead of paying $100 all at once, you pay it in $20 monthly payments. You DO NOT pay $20/month and then pay the $100 for 6 month reagent kit (not $220). I apologize for my initial post about it. @DynamicTank contacted me and clarified as they said it is confusing to read on their site.

Thanks for clarifying and Dynamic Tanks also clarified that with me. I read the membership plan wrong as well. It makes a lot more sense now and is actually a pretty good program to insure you don't get stuck with no reagents. Sorry for the confusion!

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribing to this thread because I need some reagents too. Preferably 6 month pack. Bad enough my readings sky rocket when reagents get down to 20%, but now I can't even buy reagents lol.

6 month supply really means 4 months :rolleyes:

Last edited:

aherre07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen 6 months packs anywhere. I believe they are only selling 2 month packs to be able to spread the reagents to more people. Dynamic tank is the only place I've seen mention 6 month pack if you become a member to their subscription.

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where's the 6 month packs? This is garbage that they still can't meet demand and make us buy the overpriced ones that don't even last 2 months.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watched the Neptune YouTube channel they said that they are currently trying to catch up on the 2 month supply, and then they will concentrate on the 6 month supply. They are behind due to the covid situation. I have noticed that the 2 month supply is more easily available, so hopefully this means that the 6 month supply is following shortly.

Brs has the 2 month supply in stock as of a few hours ago.:)

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watched the Neptune YouTube channel they said that they are currently trying to catch up on the 2 month supply, and then they will concentrate on the 6 month supply. They are behind due to the covid situation. I have noticed that the 2 month supply is more easily available, so hopefully this means that the 6 month supply is following shortly.

Brs has the 2 month supply in stock as of a few hours ago.:)
They should drop the price for the two month supply in the mean time.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should drop the price for the two month supply in the mean time.
It would be nice, I can’t dispute that. I just also understand that, due to the situation, they haven’t had much if anyone working in the shop to produce the reagents. :)

U

User1

View Badges
Where's the 6 month packs? This is garbage that they still can't meet demand and make us buy the overpriced ones that don't even last 2 months.

People are also asking where is the toilet paper. We are lucky that at least the manufactures, which are much larger than Neptune, have caught up. Give the little guys some slack. Lots of shortages around the world.

Edit: I do also agree with the price but at the same time once the pandemic is resolved people would complain of the increase.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice, I can’t dispute that. I just also understand that, due to the situation, they haven’t had much if anyone working in the shop to produce the reagents. :)

I wonder where the reagents actually come from? Cannot imagine Neptune is actually making them .... just packaging I’d think. Reagent suppliers may have higher priorities for their capacity for a while .....

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder where the reagents actually come from? Cannot imagine Neptune is actually making them .... just packaging I’d think. Reagent suppliers may have higher priorities for their capacity for a while .....

I mentioned that before. I am sure that their supplier is buying the reagents in 55 gallon drums and packaging it into the smaller bottles and then boxes for Neptune. They cannot be the only company buying these reagents but the problem is figuring out which other test kit company is getting the same reagents from that chemical company.

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Facebook rep pretty much told me they TOLD ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS via social media video that they are not making the 6 month regiment because they want to force everyone to buy the 2 month regiment so "everyone" can get some at this higher price point. its a scam :mad: so glad i invested tons of money into this trident and now have to pay even more to do testing :D:D:D what a great company. They cant even put out a Facebook post saying we are stopping production of 6 month for the time being. Instead they want you to watch all their VIDEOS which they claim its burred in there. I mean for something this big why not have one simple post. "We are holding off on making 6 month regiment due to covid-19 and want to make sure everyone has access to the regiment." Simple easy takes 2 minutes to post that.

Def feel like they don't care about their customers really a shame after being a customer for 10+ years spending countless amounts of money. I mean honestly why even have the 2 month regiment. Who is like "i think i just want to test for 2 month" Anyone who has this unit i have to "ASSUME" they are going to use this for a long long time. So their going to buy the 6 month. They have this 2 month option so they can pull BS like this and force you into buying the 2 month at a higher markup $133 vs $99. Im sure this will be blammed on COVID but the fact is 6 month regiment has been a pain in the butt to get since day one. Why not plan better when rolling out the trident you knew everyone wanted it. You guys really blew it.

If they really cared about their customers they would drop the price of the 2 month regiment till they get the 6 month back in stock. Just like all other companies are giving people breaks on their bills etc. But its all about that $$$$$$$

Thanks Neptune.

;Meh

Last edited:

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was no big conspiracy. If you live in a bubble thats not Neptunes problem, you probably ran out of toilet paper and paper plates too.

iI don't care what you say the 6 month kits were gettable for anybody if any effort whatsoever was put forth prior to the company being shut down for 3 months. When it was shut down with little warning they kicked out as many 2 month kits as possible in the 2 days they had so the MASSES could get them rather than hoarders snatching them all up before closing their doors for how long nobody knew at the time.

Even still we’ve been fortunate enough with just a little effort/very little mind you to get the 2 month kit when needed. Have you noticed the worlds changed in the last 3 months? Have you noticed shipping costs sky rocket? Have you noticed there are about 1/10th of the planes flying or Amazon taking a week to deliver your same day package! I usually ignore foolishness but i guess its my bad day too. So glad I can tap the ignore button. Seeya!

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your telling me the whole time the trident has been out its been SUPER easy to get 6 month regiment? lets keep COVID-19 out of this.

its been a pain in the butt to get this regiment. what the reason??? Not enough staff??? What BS reason are you going to give now. This is why they have the 2 month option so they can force people to pay the higher rates. This has been happening for a long time. This shouldn't be an issue but still is. Now all of a sudden there is a ton of 2 month regiment but no 6 weird.... Lets blame COVID I'm sure It has nothing to do with making a ton of money off the 2 month regiment :rolleyes:

Would still like to know why 6 month prior to COIVD has been so hard to get a hold of never in stock??? Why?

Really that's my biggest issue and what gets me so mad. Its like gambling I have to consistently check daily all the freaking time {PRIOR TO COVID} to find this regiment just like it was to find this Trident. Why is it so hard. How long has this unit been out now and you cant even keep the regiment in stock. So you force customers who need to keep their tanks monitored to buy this 2 month regiment or from your Facebook support rep "I can just shut my unit down" ;Blackeye

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regiment ….. what are you talking about! I had no major problems finding the 6-month reagent set prior to the Neptune office/factory closing. OK, only the 2-month since then seems perfectly reasonable.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regiment ….. what are you talking about! I had no major problems finding the 6-month reagent set prior to the Neptune office/factory closing. OK, only the 2-month since then seems perfectly reasonable.

Same exact experience here. When Neptune was shut down, they asked distributors to break up the 6 packs to preserve the supply during the shortage. Honestly when I bought my Trident I didn’t even know that there was going to be the less expensive 6 months packs.

Oh dear, $40 more PER YEAR during a national crisis. People just have no sense of perspective.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back