Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Think about it...If they can provide a 2 month supply, why can't they provide a 6 month
because they now have to ship out to other countries since they wanted to sell more of the tridents so now they keep selling a product they require these the demands are only going up. Also, they are making good money off this at your expense what are you going to do not buy regents and let the 600 brick you bought go useless.

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
because they now have to ship out to other countries since they wanted to realise more of the tridents and why would they when you only bought their system and what are you going to do let it become a brick

Conspiracy theory much?

Take a step back for a minute and think about this. They launched and for a while only had 2 month kits. According to your statement above "why would they" would then beg one to ask why even release a 6 month kit to begin with. Since they did your theory is incorrect.

Now they did release over seas but we do not know how many units that is or what effect that is going to have on their reagent base. Regardless of hobbyists opinions the US and rest of the world are still dealing with C19 and the side effects of it.

If you are fed up do one of two or three things. Call them and ask what is going on (or email), buy the 2 month kits and wait it out, or take it off line and sell it. FYI this also impacted the release of GHL's product for whom some placed a deposit.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Conspiracy theory much?

Take a step back for a minute and think about this. They launched and for a while only had 2 month kits. According to your statement above "why would they" would then beg one to ask why even release a 6 month kit to begin with. Since they did your theory is incorrect.

Now they did release over seas but we do not know how many units that is or what effect that is going to have on their reagent base. Regardless of hobbyists opinions the US and rest of the world are still dealing with C19 and the side effects of it.

If you are fed up do one of two or three things. Call them and ask what is going on (or email), buy the 2 month kits and wait it out, or take it off line and sell it. FYI this also impacted the release of GHL's product for whom some placed a deposit.
Fan boy much?

I understand the supply chains are low but they have no concern to give us 6 months.
If they are clearly available to sell more units and ship boxes of 2 months overseas then they must not have that bad of an issue. The point is they sold a product that only can take refills of what they sell and I was fully agreeing to that when I bought it. I also was fine that I could only get 2 months my issue is they need to ever drop the price because they won't offer the 6-month unit or stop selling to other countries and the even US if you cant honor the units to refill. Its also sad to see that you need those needles that are 3d printed to have accurate testing after 40% is left in the bottle for an item that cost 600$ but hey I was okay with that to mistakes happen but they need to be corrected in the new units it comes out with they should have it. Something about this hobby makes people think the companies are anywhere but fault.

Oh it’s not a conspiracy theory it’s basic common since

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Fan boy much?

No. It is called understanding the world today. When this hit you couldn't even go to the store and buy toilet paper. It took the manufactures months to catch up and work through the supply chain issues for demand.

I've heard about the guides but do not need them. If you are having an issue I'd suggest you reach out to Neptune and not assume the guides will solve the problem.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No. It is called understanding the world today. When this hit you couldn't even go to the store and buy toilet paper. It took the manufactures months to catch up and work through the supply chain issues for demand.

I've heard about the guides but do not need them. If you are having an issue I'd suggest you reach out to Neptune and not assume the guides will solve the problem.
I think the guides are more if you put it in incorrectly when closing the drawer and by putting them in you prevent the needle from moving when you do that

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How dare you think reasonably!! Kudos for trying but it’s apparently just easier for folks to complain. The incessant complaining about everything has pushed me farther and farther away from the forum of late.

I still cant find a French fry, paper plates or toilet paper that isn't a 14 grit sand paper in the 6 supermarkets near me but re-agents havent been a problem at all. Id pay triple for a 2 month supply of Charmin these days, anyone know where I can find it?

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How dare you think reasonably!! Kudos for trying but it’s apparently just easier for folks to complain. The incessant complaining about everything has pushed me farther and farther away from the forum of late.

I still cant find a French fry, paper plates or toilet paper that isn't a 14 grit sand paper in the 6 supermarkets near me but re-agents havent been a problem at all. Id pay triple for a 2 month supply of Charmin these days, anyone know where I can find it?
Yes its like everywhere but if your local supplier is out you can get relief in 3 days from Amazon.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Best post I’ve seen in awhile and couldn’t agree more

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing it' supposed to do is slow down the amount of stock being sold right?
I bought six months worth on my first order and will do the same on my next. It's not like MD is limiting me to one box per month. I can buy six if I want! I suspect most people with Tridents are buying 3 boxes at a time. Even if they are not buying three, the running supply average for every six months remains the same. You may buy three this month and nothing for the next 5 months but then you will be back for another three boxes. The guy who buys one box is still going to buy two more over the next 4 months. So the monthly sales average really does not change.

My point is that it really does not do anything in terms of limiting hording unless they put a 45 day quota on how much you can order. The only thing I can see that is changing is that they put an extra $35 in their pockets.

Last edited:

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only thing it' supposed to do is slow down the amount of stock being sold right?
I bought six months worth on my first order and will do the same on my next. It's not like MD is limiting me to one box per month. I can buy six if I want! I suspect most people with Tridents are buying 3 boxes at a time. Even if they are not buying three, the running supply average for every six months remains the same. You may buy three this month and nothing for the next 5 months but then you will be back for another three boxes. The guy who buys one box is still going to buy two moreover the next 4 months. So the monthly sales average really does not change.

My point is that it really does not do anything in terms of limiting hording unless they put a 45 day quota on how much you can order. The only thing I can see that is changing is that they put an extra $35 in their pockets.
Wow wow be careful there you MAY BE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST if you believe that lol

U

User1

View Badges
I bought six months worth on my first order and will do the same on my next. It's not like MD is limiting me to one box per month. I can buy six if I want! I suspect most people with Tridents are buying 3 boxes at a time. Even if they are not buying three, the running supply average for every six months remains the same. You may buy three this month and nothing for the next 5 months but then you will be back for another three boxes. The guy who buys one box is still going to buy two moreover the next 4 months. So the monthly sales average really does not change.

I understand your point. However, if they really wanted that extra $35 bucks then there would never have been a 6 month kit to begin with. That alone negates this thought.

Let them work though the issue as they see it. I'm pretty sure we will see them again in a bit. Until then hobbyists have to decide if they want to ratchet down their testing to the lowest at 4/2/2 and pay 22 bucks a month for automated testing or take it off line for a bit.

If you do choose to take it offline then I strongly urge you to submit a ticket and let them know why. Meaning that you are tired of paying 45 bucks for a 2 month kit and would like the 6 month. Is there an ETA.

U

User1

View Badges

I forget which company it was but one of them release TV commercials explaining about their delay of paper products. It is crazy, right? The whole people staying at home is changing a lot of things from toilet paper to couples and/or families spending more time together, to alcohol consumption, to digital purchases, and so on. Really crazy.

Hope all is well. To everyone honestly regardless of our opinions. It really is nutty but we do have something in common and that is our reef tanks. Best to all.

Back