Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, it's easy to get the 2 month kits but at $70 more a year. I wish Neptune would just discontinue the two month kit. It doesn't make any sense who would buy it.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
first no one could get tridents. now a good portion of people have tridents. now the dilemma is no one can get reagent.

Just for the sake of promoting truth and discouraging theatricals:

EVERYONE can get reagent, at the original price that was advertised. There is no magical shortage. The 2 month supply has ALWAYS been available directly from Neptune Systems, and currently is also available at Premium Aquatics.

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for the sake of promoting truth and discouraging theatricals:

EVERYONE can get reagent, at the original price that was advertised. There is no magical shortage. The 2 month supply has ALWAYS been available directly from Neptune Systems, and currently is also available at Premium Aquatics.

Why would anyone buy the two month supply though? It's $70 more a year. I like to waste money just as much as the next person in this hobby but I mean c'mon? ;)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would anyone buy the two month supply though? It's $70 more a year. I like to waste money just as much as the next person in this hobby but I mean c'mon? ;)

Oh I agree with you. Their new price on the 6 month reagent supply is great. I just wanted to correct misinformation- the person I quoted said "now the dilemma is no one can get reagent."

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will admit it's great marketing for Neptune. Those looking to buy a Trident will see that they can save money by buying a 6 month reagent for $99 and think well that's not too bad. But then Neptune just doesn't stock it and now they are stuck paying Neptune $135 a year.

It's win/win for Neptune I guess. They may want to put a little more thought into their customers though because some of us weren't born yesterday.

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh I agree with you. Their new price on the 6 month reagent supply is great. I just wanted to correct misinformation- the person I quoted said "now the dilemma is no one can get reagent."
its not misinformation. just like the trident they are slowly distributing at a higher price. they could ship out more 6 months or just lower the price on the 2 month so it matched the 6 month but they dont.

i understand why they are not selling more 6 month boxes so that it doesn't create a shortage by people scooping up all the 6 month packs but it is still fustrating

SneakyTortuga

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was just informing the op that premium had it earlier this week. i would just keep your eyes peeled OP

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, hopefully someone will update this thread if they see them in stock this week. I still have a month left so I will just keep on the lookout. Thanks

anonomous09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 6 month pack from BRS. I didn’t have alerts set, nor was I hawking their Facebook page for updates. Just happened to check one day while at lunch and I think it said 45 in stock.

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my 6 month pack from BRS. I didn’t have alerts set, nor was I hawking their Facebook page for updates. Just happened to check one day while at lunch and I think it said 45 in stock.

How long ago was that? I will keep checking their site too.

anonomous09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last week! I think the pack showed up about a day ago since I’m on the west coast. If you’re really on the hunt, join some of the company Facebook pages as sometimes they will post in their when a batch comes in. The notify function on most websites is a generic code written by the stores’s back end company. It is usually pretty slow to notify.

U

User1

View Badges
I will admit it's great marketing for Neptune. Those looking to buy a Trident will see that they can save money by buying a 6 month reagent for $99 and think well that's not too bad. But then Neptune just doesn't stock it and now they are stuck paying Neptune $135 a year.

It's win/win for Neptune I guess. They may want to put a little more thought into their customers though because some of us weren't born yesterday.

I'd say you are wrong. In fact, not even close. This isn't a money grab, it isn't a subscription. You know you need reagents going into it just like GHL needs calibration fluid and probes X amount of time or the failed MS with its monthly fee. Pick your poison.

If Neptune was in for a money grab you would be paying for the Fusion portal and you are not. Reagents are just a requirement for the testing and we have choices. No one should be running out anyway because you know how much you have left. Don't wait until the last box to re-order. If you do, well, then you are buying a 2 month kit.

Neptune didn't launch with a 6 month kit. It came later. I'd say they are looking at everything and the reagents to see what changes they can make. It is a great product. Let them work with the data and supply change to see what they can do. In the mean time order timely.

Oh - last note. I heard or read a post somewhere that reagents made up a holiday sale. Could be why everyone is also short.

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say you are wrong. In fact, not even close. This isn't a money grab, it isn't a subscription. You know you need reagents going into it just like GHL needs calibration fluid and probes X amount of time or the failed MS with its monthly fee. Pick your poison.

If Neptune was in for a money grab you would be paying for the Fusion portal and you are not. Reagents are just a requirement for the testing and we have choices. No one should be running out anyway because you know how much you have left. Don't wait until the last box to re-order. If you do, well, then you are buying a 2 month kit.

Neptune didn't launch with a 6 month kit. It came later. I'd say they are looking at everything and the reagents to see what changes they can make. It is a great product. Let them work with the data and supply change to see what they can do. In the mean time order timely.

Oh - last note. I heard or read a post somewhere that reagents made up a holiday sale. Could be why everyone is also short.

Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. Or the second or third or fourth or fifth ;) Have a very blessed day. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
Wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong. Or the second or third or fourth or fifth ;) Have a very blessed day. :rolleyes:

Maybe wrong wasn't the right word to use there.... Maybe disagree would have been better. In any case just my opinion since the reagent discussion (not yours per say) comes up from time to time. Each of the automated kits need some form of replacement be it probe, disc, or probe and reference fluid thingy.

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a month left so I'm sure I can pick one up before then. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with the Trident and the entire apex ecosystem of which I own at least one of everything they have released. No complaints here.

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine from BRS last week. I searched 6 month trident reagent and a few places had them then.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back