Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If somebody is in the Dallas area and NEEDS one I can help them out.

And where in the hell has the Neptune been on the reagent shortages, it’s been this way for awhile

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, nabbed one (and only one)!

haitian_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ditto! thanks guys! Glad I subscribed to this thread. The funny thing is spoke to them yesterday and I was told it wouldn't be available for weeks.

zie2695

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for the sake of promoting truth and discouraging theatricals:

EVERYONE can get reagent, at the original price that was advertised. There is no magical shortage. The 2 month supply has ALWAYS been available directly from Neptune Systems, and currently is also available at Premium Aquatics.
It would appear to me that there is most definitely a shortage! Even Neptune is sold out...
Screenshot_20200421-110630_Chrome.jpg

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would appear to me that there is most definitely a shortage! Even Neptune is sold out...
Screenshot_20200421-110630_Chrome.jpg

My post was from before an international pandemic that forced businesses to close and nonessential workers to shelter in place, obviously....

TLO45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got my hands on a Trident about 8 months ago which was no easy task to begin with. Had to purchase an Apex base unit which I needed to run the Trident. I made to plunge to dive into automation simply because I don’t enjoy testing regularly and this was a way to avoid doing so. I made a commitment to your company for a product that since has made it difficult to continue to perform due to lack of reagent production! NO ONE online or local can get their hands on Trident reagents. I realize the pandemic issues but this was going on before shutdowns began. All other companies are able to keep their products on the shelves and able to ship out through online vendors why can’t you? Don’t offer a product if you can’t carry through with decent service! I’ve been a long time reefer and have been burned many times through the years and now your on that list. Very frustrating!

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I finally got my hands on a Trident about 8 months ago which was no easy task to begin with. Had to purchase an Apex base unit which I needed to run the Trident. I made to plunge to dive into automation simply because I don’t enjoy testing regularly and this was a way to avoid doing so. I made a commitment to your company for a product that since has made it difficult to continue to perform due to lack of reagent production! NO ONE online or local can get their hands on Trident reagents. I realize the pandemic issues but this was going on before shutdowns began. All other companies are able to keep their products on the shelves and able to ship out through online vendors why can’t you? Don’t offer a product if you can’t carry through with decent service! I’ve been a long time reefer and have been burned many times through the years and now your on that list. Very frustrating!

Before the shutdown, reagent has ALWAYS been available at Neptune System’s website. Not their fault that you couldn’t navigate there to purchase it.

Over 150 were available at BRS this morning. It’s not hard to find if you pay attention and set alerts...

I’m sure big stores will get more available when Neptune isn’t forced to shut down due to international pandemic :)

Last edited:

TLO45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before the shutdown, reagent has ALWAYS been available at Neptune System’s website. Not their fault that you couldn’t navigate there to purchase it.

Over 150 were available at BRS this morning. It’s not hard to find if you pay attention and set alerts...

I’m sure big stores will get more available when Neptune isn’t forced to shut down due to international pandemic :)
Not when I checked PLUS if you don’t respond almost immediately to purchase from an out of stock alert your out of luck! If your a company that has a product customers want why not ramp up production? Reagents have been difficult to obtain for months! I have ordered replacements and did receive but not readily...and now impossible to find. I realize this is not as important as the going on in the world right now...trivial really, but don’t berate someone who has gone through the channels to find something only to be disappointed.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I understand there is a global issue going on right now and Neptune has been forced to close, I will agree with @TLO45 in that these reagents have not been easy to obtain, deny all you want but this was an issue before the global pandemic. Almost every time I have been forced to go to Neptune’s site at the last minute and purchase the 2 month which I am not a fan of (recalibrating every 2 months is ridiculous). They knew of the product they had and should have adjusted accordingly. Unfortunately now, I am going to have to do the shutdown on my Trident, and honestly I’m not even sure if I’ll be the one to turn it back on. I love it and am glad I have it, but the headache I have to deal with every 2 months is starting to get real old real quick.

If you think it was tough getting reagents before, it’ll be at least 6 months after they open back up before the reagents start becoming even remotely obtainable

Last edited:

Wildcats1023

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lfs had some yesterday and I picked one up today. They are the highest level seller a store can become and they are expecting to have more available rather quickly after things open back up.

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess who is not out of reagents? Alkatronic owners. Luckily I am owner of both.

Last edited:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was the six month set that was hard to find. As noted, the two month set was routinely available from Neptune. At this point, who knows how long it will take to get production again. Does anyone know who actually makes the reagents?

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have the BRS alert set, I shop there all the time, for the majority of my reefing needs. I love BRS, but I never received an alert on Tuesday, or any other day that Trident Reagent was in stock at BRS or any of hte other stores I have set "alerts" for. I have been updating my "alert" on a regular basis. Another issue can be East Coast vs. West coast. Many alerts come very early in the morning East Coast time, by the time the West coast wakes up, even super early, the stock of whatever might have been there is gone. So, before you crack on folks and state "It's not hard to find if you pay attention and set alerts", understand that many people are trying and have alerts set and still not NOT finding it.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess who is not out of reagents? Alkatronic owners. Luckily I am owner of both.
So true...Unfortunately, I run the Alkatronic on my sps nanoreef, and the trident on my big display. I prepared for something like this, I have been Hannah testing Alk (my main concern) by hand for a while here and there and have a running record of it compared to my Trident numbers. So through this time I am Hannah testing and adjusting alk if needed.

Jeff Jarry reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[/QUOTE
Call this store I talked to him and he said they will be getting some every week starting this Monday. and get on notification when they are in stock.
IMG_20200425_093230049.jpg

TLO45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s something else chapping my hide on this fiasco. I have posted my displeasure on a couple forums now trying to get Neptune to respond. Nothing from them. I would find it difficult to believe that a technology based company has no one checking boards and responding back or at the least giving an update on their business status. I have contacted every online vendor, larger aquarium shops around the country, tried to pull strings with friends of companies I’ve known for years in the industry and signed up for every alert for out of stock items from every online store I can think of. Nothing! Everyone is out. No one seems to have any idea what is going on or heard from Neptune. Honestly, I do like the Trident! I like the convenience of checking my phone daily to see what trend my system is on. However after 25 years in this hobby I have learned one thing. Service is what I look for now! Tunze, Deltec USA, Royal Exclusive are names that not only have great products but are right there for you when you need assistance! That’s what keeps customers! If no one can get reagents (and there are a lot of us waiting) we have all just spent $600 plus on paper weights. Ridiculous!

U

User1

View Badges
Not when I checked PLUS if you don’t respond almost immediately to purchase from an out of stock alert your out of luck! If your a company that has a product customers want why not ramp up production? Reagents have been difficult to obtain for months! I have ordered replacements and did receive but not readily...and now impossible to find. I realize this is not as important as the going on in the world right now...trivial really, but don’t berate someone who has gone through the channels to find something only to be disappointed.

All I can say is that your priorities are all wrong...

As already noted above prior to the world changing reagents are always available. Neptune always carried the 2 month supply kit as a fall back while the online and LFS carried the 6 month supply. Reagents was never the issues. The Trident itself was the difficult item to find. If this is a product you wanted, and hunted for, and scoured the net, then you would know this.

Now, let me share two little nuggets with you that may educate you as to what is really going on. First the good news. Prior to the pandemic that is changing the way businesses big and small work around the world (which it seems you expect business as usual) Neptune has been able to slowly increase their last mile test and inspections in house which all Tridents do before shipped. Which simply means they have been able to get more Tridents out to the US customers.

The bad news. This means more reagents are being bought. When people buy a Trident they usually also pick up a 6 month reagent supply at the same time (not to rely on the 2 month it comes with - did you do that?). Now for the bombshell. On the February 20th live stream Neptune did they shared some information about reagents. The problem now isn't the Trident but the end users. See, it turns out all of the initial polling of the community / hobbyists on how many tests they want to run daily turns out "not to be true". At all. People are actually testing way more than what they polled and so you have the higher reagent demand and a supply chain built for a different one.

Think of it like a rat being swallowed by a snake and how the bump (rat) is slowly digested. Graphic I know but the issue really is two fold. The pandemic (businesses across the globe are shifting work hours) which impacts production and end users testing more than what was projected resulting in higher demand.

Note: I get you are frustrated but there is no magic wand or fairy dust that will help here. It will take an act of God if you believe, or Mother Nature, human ingenuity, or blind luck to get everything back to normal. In the mean time go outside and kick a bush if it helps you feel better and set some alerts.

You can find them. You just need to do a bit more work these days until this blows over.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 59.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 16 25.8%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back