Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had a hard time finding 6 month regiment all the time. Sorry just can never seem to find regiment ever it’s always out of stock on every single website. And when it comes back it sold out in minutes. Where are you guys always finding it in stock? I always end up buying 2 at a time because it’s a pain to find. Would love to know what store I’m missing out in that always has it in stock. Minus the pandemic I get that

puffy127

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it were always so easy to find these 6 month reagents, there would not have been a need for this thread to begin with.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never had an issue getting 6 month until covid, actually 2 month is in stock at the LFS right now. Sell your trident, there are other manufacturers making all testers now

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have always had a hard time finding 6 month regiment all the time. Sorry just can never seem to find regiment ever it’s always out of stock on every single website. And when it comes back it sold out in minutes. Where are you guys always finding it in stock? I always end up buying 2 at a time because it’s a pain to find. Would love to know what store I’m missing out in that always has it in stock. Minus the pandemic I get that

One LFS in Fort Worth and one LFS is Dallas always had them in stock. Do you guys have an authorized dealer near you? They still do not have 6 month since covid though

Doostur

I'm a Derpus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been a long time user of Neptune products. I do think they can improve their customer service, but I won't get into details. In the end, they have handled any problems I have had which is a good thing.

I do think covid is effecting stuff. I do think they want everyone to have access to at least the 2 month supply. They should offer some kind of discount or compensation. However part of me feels they are taking advantage slightly. I'm sure its a big increase in profits with just 2 month supply sales. But hey, that's just my uneducated opinion.

I have been going through the sky rocketing Trident readings when my reagents get below 20%. I recently added that tube straightner mod. I have had a lot of waste/left over. Over the last year I have had a lot of left over unused reagents which I recently combined. I know you're not supposed to according to Neptune but I figured I had nothing to lose. Some of my readings were slightly off. For example Alk which is normally 8.25 was reading 8.6. However the reading was consistent which is all that matters. I double checked everything via Hanna/salifert checkers. Just FYI for anyone looking to experiment.

Last edited:

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If they really cared about the customer they'd reduce the 2 month price since they aren't offering the 6 month.
They don't care my salinity prob was broke but since I didnt buy it from them so they cant help and now with this trident I will be switching over to a better company

Evaaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased my trident before the 6 month set was available so I expected/budgeted for the 2 month reagent price and dont think that people that bought before the 6 month was available should gripe but I sympathize with people that bought after the six month kit was released and felt that made the unit more affordable for them.

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my opinion but I feel Neptune is using covid to only sell the 2 month supply and not the 6 month supply. They make more money that way. I have trident and alkatronic, I took my trident off line because it was not reliable in my opinion and they stopped selling 6 month reagent. I do have a 6month supply that I need to sell before it expires.

U

User1

View Badges
This is my opinion but I feel Neptune is using covid to only sell the 2 month supply and not the 6 month supply. They make more money that way. I have trident and alkatronic, I took my trident off line because it was not reliable in my opinion and they stopped selling 6 month reagent. I do have a 6month supply that I need to sell before it expires.

This is not about money. I really don't think you understand what C19 is doing to the work force, small business, and supply chains. This isn't even accounting what-if's.

If Neptune needed money then they could easily start charging for Fusion access and they don't. That is a money grab. Furthermore, they originally only sold 2 month kits then moved to 6 month kits. It wasn't until C19 that they stopped.

I get the whole opinion thing but really take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Toilet paper shortage? Paper towels? Paper products in general? Those manufactures are larger than Neptune and they ran into issues for months. This isn't about money at all.

Yes. I also have an opinion :)

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is not about money. I really don't think you understand what C19 is doing to the work force, small business, and supply chains. This isn't even accounting what-if's.

If Neptune needed money then they could easily start charging for Fusion access and they don't. That is a money grab. Furthermore, they originally only sold 2 month kits then moved to 6 month kits. It wasn't until C19 that they stopped.

I get the whole opinion thing but really take a step back and look at the bigger picture. Toilet paper shortage? Paper towels? Paper products in general? Those manufactures are larger than Neptune and they ran into issues for months. This isn't about money at all.

Okay but they also continue to sell tridents and disturbed to other countries so if they truly had a “problem” then I think fixing the issue of a product they sold for 600$ and not selling the items they promised is a scam

U

User1

View Badges
Okay but they also continue to sell tridents and disturbed to other countries so if they truly had a “problem” then I think fixing the issue of a product they sold for 600$ and not selling the items they promised is a scam

Point noted. But what makes you think it is something they can fix? It may be that they can't change supplies or it is a problem further downstream? Sort of like trying to fix an airplane mid flight across the Atlantic. I hear you. Especially since one of the things they said previously was that the reagent shortage is holding up sales overseas and that was just launched. Again, I get it. Small launch over seas? Large one? No idea. I don't have that visibility nor do I want it.

However, there is no scam. They are selling tridents. They are selling reagents. And I can assure you they are looking at all of the data they have to try and smooth out the bumps. No, I don't have any inside information but they would be silly not to. So it is an assumption on my part but it makes sense to me as a end user.

So no, not a scam. A scam would be taking a deposit for a product and not getting it or being told it is delayed. Also note you are talking about a $600 dollar item when people pay that much for corals or a bottle of wine.

I guess we disagree. Let us see how it plays out in a couple months.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no choice but to buy the 2 month as my 6 month kit is almost out. I agree that it's all excuses, and its very frustrating.
@NeptunePaul what do you guys have to say? At the end of the day why charge so much more for the 2 month kit? At least admit you guys see it the way outside parties do.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Point noted. But what makes you think it is something they can fix? It may be that they can't change supplies or it is a problem further downstream? Sort of like trying to fix an airplane mid flight across the Atlantic. I hear you. Especially since one of the things they said previously was that the reagent shortage is holding up sales overseas and that was just launched. Again, I get it. Small launch over seas? Large one? No idea. I don't have that visibility nor do I want it.

However, there is no scam. They are selling tridents. They are selling reagents. And I can assure you they are looking at all of the data they have to try and smooth out the bumps. No, I don't have any inside information but they would be silly not to. So it is an assumption on my part but it makes sense to me as a end user.

So no, not a scam. A scam would be taking a deposit for a product and not getting it or being told it is delayed. Also note you are talking about a $600 dollar item when people pay that much for corals or a bottle of wine.

I guess we disagree. Let us see how it plays out in a couple months.
For me I was really just disappointed with the accuracy of it it’s hard to get a correct dos to keep it perfect when calcium flex’s 15 ppm and Alk like 2.0 in a day even though I don’t dos

Hausser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes some things are delayed due to demand. I personally can go buy toilet paper or paper towels with out an issue. You are correct that they could charge for other things, but why make everyone upset when they can just blame covid and not sell 6 month supply.

I do actually understand supply and demand.

U

User1

View Badges
Yes some things are delayed due to demand. I personally can go buy toilet paper or paper towels with out an issue. You are correct that they could charge for other things, but why make everyone upset when they can just blame covid and not sell 6 month supply.

I do actually understand supply and demand.

The toilet paper was in reference to the early months of c19, people stocking up, etc. There was a few months, at least in California, where you couldn't find it or stores placed limits. Of course it is better now. I was trying to use it as an example of their commercials they created to explain why and how even bigger companies are having issues.

Here is the deal. Would I like for them to come out and say during this time we will reduce the price by 10 bucks? Sure. I agree. However, since it is the same price as launch I sort of just shrug and take a wait and see.

I do hear and understand but see it differently I guess.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if six month was never an option then you wouldn’t have bought a trident? Some of us spend 15k on a fish tank but yet reagents are a big deal. If anything that irritates me is the trident was only accurate when below 20% remaining reagent after I added the guides. Outside of that it’s not a necessity, I look at it as a luxury that’s not needed for a successful reef tank. Sell your trident and buy a Hanna

U

User1

View Badges
So if six month was never an option then you wouldn’t have bought a trident? Some of us spend 15k on a fish tank but yet reagents are a big deal. If anything that irritates me is the trident was only accurate when below 20% remaining reagent after I added the guides. Outside of that it’s not a necessity, I look at it as a luxury that’s not needed for a successful reef tank. Sell your trident and buy a Hanna

Who is this too? If me I'm not sure of the question or what I said that hinted that was the case. Sorry. Six month reagent was not a requirement. So yes, I bought a trident I believe before they released the 6 month kits. I am almost out of my last kit now so will more than likely be picking up a 2 month kit.

I've heard of the guides. I personally do not use them.

You are correct. Any of the automated testing tools we have are a luxury. I agree 100% that we can have successful tanks without them. Actually let me take that back. Hobbyists have had successful tanks without automated testing for some time. Just like they do with various lighting, skimmers, no skimmers, etc.

See - we do agree on some things :D

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who is this too? If me I'm not sure of the question or what I said that hinted that was the case. Sorry. Six month reagent was not a requirement. So yes, I bought a trident I believe before they released the 6 month kits. I am almost out of my last kit now so will more than likely be picking up a 2 month kit.

I've heard of the guides. I personally do not use them.

You are correct. Any of the automated testing tools we have are a luxury. I agree 100% that we can have successful tanks without them. Actually let me take that back. Hobbyists have had successful tanks without automated testing for some time. Just like they do with various lighting, skimmers, no skimmers, etc.

See - we do agree on some things :D

sorry, it was not directed at you in particular. It gets old with all of the x is overpriced, x company is a scammer, etc. It’s as simple as don’t buy the product or know you can’t afford it.

I guess my crabby butt needs to go to bed. Good night!

Back