Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My point is that it really does not do anything in terms of limiting hording unless they put a 45 day quota on how much you can order.

Unless neptune expected, as so many seem to have, that the shutdowns wouldn’t last long .... or wouldn’t need to be repeated.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard about the guides but do not need them. If you are having an issue I'd suggest you reach out to Neptune and not assume the guides will solve the problem.

Agreed ! I generally have about 25% of A left, but very little B or C. Even with that, I get about the 2 months Neptune claims. I suppose I could winge about all that wasted reagent .... cannot frankly be bothered though.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless neptune expected, as so many seem to have, that the shutdowns wouldn’t last long .... or wouldn’t need to be repeated.
Your probably right, it is mind blowing how irresponsible some people have been about this. If one looks at the Flip side of how this could have been handled eg New Zealand. We would have already been 90% out of this mess already and had domestic operations back to normal.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed ! I generally have about 25% of A left, but very little B or C. Even with that, I get about the 2 months Neptune claims. I suppose I could winge about all that wasted reagent .... cannot frankly be bothered though.
I plan on using all of my extra reagents once I have enough to fill three bottles. I will just check them against the Hanna kits and use those numbers when setting the expected values.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on using all of my extra reagents once I have enough to fill three bottles. I will just check them against the Hanna kits and use those numbers when setting the expected values.

I'd be most interested in how this goes. I have been saving leftover reagent since almost day 1 with my Trident (May 2019) so have almost three full A and a full each of B and C. My original intent was just to see how much was getting leftover ….. but with COVID, perhaps I will 'need' to use it.

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already used all my left over stock. I saw zero issues doing so and numbers were on par with other testing. I am starting to consider taking my unit off line as I only get 5.5-6 weeks out of a 2 month supply of reagent and the "6" month supply is unavailable.

U

User1

View Badges
I'd be most interested in how this goes. I have been saving leftover reagent since almost day 1 with my Trident (May 2019) so have almost three full A and a full each of B and C. My original intent was just to see how much was getting leftover ….. but with COVID, perhaps I will 'need' to use it.

I've heard of a few doing this and I don't think at a high level it will hurt anything. Even if you are using the Trident to dose. However, I'm pretty sure the overall measurements are not going to be as reliable due to the different lot numbers on the reagents.

I'm assuming and can be incorrect but the lot number has to correlate to something. Lot numbers in colors being different can be noticed in something as simple as household tiles and flooring. May not be similar but at least what I'm thinking.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my inexpert ramblings ….. I suspect lot number won't matter because you will calibrate to the new 'mix'. I worry more about expiration.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone have way much A left I’m about to run out of my calcium and mag but have a brand new bottle of A

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So much speculation from people talking out of the sides of their mouths. Neptune has addressed the availability of 6 month reagent packs. So you can either sit here and publicly call Terrence and Paul liars and continue peddling the BS conspiracy theories, or you can drop the poor me acts and understand what is actually going on.

Per Neptune Employees own words on their live streams and user group posts:
-Trident 6 Month Packs WILL be available in the foreseeable future for North America. They are not available in Europe/Asia Markets, and never will be.

-They stopped offering them due to the fact 6 month packs take up 3x as much stock as the 2 month packs. And they had significant issues with supply running into Covid. That supply issue has since been alleviated. But they still need to be cautious due to the potential for California to close back down.
-The amount reagent they sent overseas is barely a blip on the radar in regards to total reagent available here in the USA.

Again, all words direct from Neptune employees. It's far easier (and a heck of a lot more productive) to seek out the information first hand, than make wild assumptions from a faceless profile on an internet forum.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to my world. I literally have bottleS of A left but no B or C

How did you get into that situation? I assume you ran extra tests of Ca and Mg on there own?
Mine seem to run down at a fairly even rate but at 8% remaining of "A, B and C" The two bottles of "A" add up to about 16% for each box so I have a lot more "A" left than B&C. I was just wondering how come you have it the other way around.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So much speculation from people talking out of the sides of their mouths. Neptune has addressed the availability of 6 month reagent packs. So you can either sit here and publicly call Terrence and Paul liars and continue peddling the crap conspiracy theories, or you can drop the poor me acts and understand what is actually going on.

Per Neptune Employees own words on their live streams and user group posts:
-Trident 6 Month Packs WILL be available in the foreseeable future for North America. They are not available in Europe/Asia Markets, and never will be.

-They stopped offering them due to the fact 6 month packs take up 3x as much stock as the 2 month packs. And they had significant issues with supply running into Covid. That supply issue has since been alleviated. But they still need to be cautious due to the potential for California to close back down.
-The amount reagent they sent overseas is barely a blip on the radar in regards to total reagent available here in the USA.

Again, all words direct from Neptune employees. It's far easier (and a heck of a lot more productive) to seek out the information first hand, than make wild assumptions from a faceless profile on an internet forum.
So if they can’t offer us the 6 months why can’t they offer a decrease in price until then?

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How did you get into that situation? I assume you ran extra tests of Ca and Mg on there own?
Mine seem to run down at a fairly even rate but at 8% remaining of "A, B and C" The two bottles of "A" add up to about 16% for each box so I have a lot more "A" left than B&C. I was just wondering how come you have it the other way around.
Can you even do that I can only run a alk test by itself

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if they can’t offer us the 6 months why can’t they offer a decrease in price until then?

Would probably not be able to break even shipping the 2 month boxes boxes for $33 shipped. On the 3 month supply the shipping cost is distributed among 3 boxes. Also only needs to be packed once, labeled once, etc.

Lets say it is $8 to ship, $2 for shipping materials, and costs $1 to be actually put into a box, taped, labeled, etc.

On a $45 2 month pack, they might still get $34 for it.

On the 3 month pack, they might still get $29 per box.

If you try to sell an individual box for $33, you get $21 for it. Doesn’t necessarily work for them.

It’s a global pandemic. There are supply issues. Patience.

Last edited:

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

No desire to further engage posters' who have nothing better to do than baselessly speculate about crap online that's easily verifiable by doing 10 minutes of research.

Otherwise this little back and forth with me replying, and you pecking tiny little holes in the reply is going to waste my entire afternoon.

Neptune didn't cause the reagent issue, a global pandemic did. Asking manufacturers to drop pricing to accommodate covid related production delays is borderline ridiculous. Are you giving your employer a discount on your employment cost because you are working from home? Is Dunkin Donuts discounting my coffee because they don't have Maple Frosted Donuts like they did before the pandemic?

I have customers who have spent $50,000+, entire 40' containers full of material. That material is delayed due to overseas manufacturing, and delays at port of import/export. Does that mean I'm financially responsible for the job delays this is causing? The answer is no.

U

User1

View Badges
No desire to further engage posters' who have nothing better to do than baselessly speculate about crap online that's easily verifiable by doing 10 minutes of research.

Otherwise this little back and forth with me replying, and you pecking tiny little holes in the reply is going to waste my entire afternoon.

Neptune didn't cause the reagent issue, a global pandemic did. Asking manufacturers to drop pricing to accommodate covid related production delays is borderline ridiculous. Are you giving your employer a discount on your employment cost because you are working from home? Is Dunkin Donuts discounting my coffee because they don't have Maple Frosted Donuts like they did before the pandemic?

I have customers who have spent $50,000+, entire 40' containers full of material. That material is delayed due to overseas manufacturing, and delays at port of import/export. Does that mean I'm financially responsible for the job delays this is causing? The answer is no.

They don't want to hear it. Few of us have tried two different ways to Tuesday. Some flat out unwatching the thread.

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Sorry I called out a company you worship I will know better next time

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back