Is the 6 month trident reagent in stock anywhere?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Badilac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get into that situation? I assume you ran extra tests of Ca and Mg on there own?
Mine seem to run down at a fairly even rate but at 8% remaining of "A, B and C" The two bottles of "A" add up to about 16% for each box so I have a lot more "A" left than B&C. I was just wondering how come you have it the other way around.

I only get about 5-6 weeks out of B&C but I get 8 weeks out of A. So when its time to replace B&C I would only replace it instead of switching the whole set of ABC. So over time I ended up with bottles of A. See below. I have 23.5 days of "A" testing left but only 5.5-6.5 days of "B&C" testing left. This time I started a fresh "2 month" box set all at the same time. This way I could see how much A was left over compared to B&C being empty at the end of the "2 month supply".

Also my Cal & Mag numbers (more so Mag) are steadily increasing daily yet I do not dose either of those.

So in short it will take me roughly 8.66 "2 month supplies" to get me through a year at a cost of $389.26 and I'll have over 5 bottles of A left over and no extra B&C.

As I only have 5.5 days left of testing and no more reagent left it looks like I will be deciding if I should cut ties with this machine. Or keep buying the unbalanced box sets at a much highly than originally thought yearly cost.
1597138549054.png

1597138601520.png

1597138946660.png

Last edited:

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering why a Neptune Rep hasn't replied as to the reason why the 6 month supply isn't available so we can put this to rest

they have. People just don’t want to actually look for it. Terrence and Paul mentioned it, yet again, at the beginning of tonight’s live stream.

So that would be the most recent statement direct from them.

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they have. People just don’t want to actually look for it. Terrence and Paul mentioned it, yet again, at the beginning of tonight’s live stream.

So that would be the most recent statement direct from them.
Sorry...didnt catch their Live Stream...what was the reason why the 6 month supply is not available?
Thank you

U

User1

View Badges
Sorry...didnt catch their Live Stream...what was the reason why the 6 month supply is not available?
Thank you

The same thing they always say but no one wants to hear. We are in a pandemic. There is no conspiracy theory. And they will become available as soon as they can. The nay sayers will continue but they have nothing to report.

Edit: they are not discontinued they are just working through some issues still.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I only get about 5-6 weeks out of B&C but I get 8 weeks out of A. So when its time to replace B&C I would only replace it instead of switching the whole set of ABC. So over time I ended up with bottles of A. See below. I have 23.5 days of "A" testing left but only 5.5-6.5 days of "B&C" testing left. This time I started a fresh "2 month" box set all at the same time. This way I could see how much A was left over compared to B&C being empty at the end of the "2 month supply".

Also my Cal & Mag numbers (more so Mag) are steadily increasing daily yet I do not dose either of those.

So in short it will take me roughly 8.66 "2 month supplies" to get me through a year at a cost of $389.26 and I'll have over 5 bottles of A left over and no extra B&C.

As I only have 5.5 days left of testing and no more reagent left it looks like I will be deciding if I should cut ties with this machine. Or keep buying the unbalanced box sets at a much highly than originally thought yearly cost.
1597138549054.png

1597138601520.png

1597138946660.png
Im on my first reagent set and it looks like i might be in the same situation. Im about to change my A to the 2nd bottle but at 40% on B and C. When i get the notification that B and C are out i plan to reset the counter and let it go till it errors out. Thats what i just did with A and its still testing even though it said to replace it... maybe try getting more out of your B and C before replacing?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im on my first reagent set and it looks like i might be in the same situation. Im about to change my A to the 2nd bottle but at 40% on B and C. When i get the notification that B and C are out i plan to reset the counter and let it go till it errors out. Thats what i just did with A and its still testing even though it said to replace it... maybe try getting more out of your B and C before replacing?

You could definitely just reset the counter. The reagent surplus is needed for users who have Trident Controlled Dosing enabled- we can't just let it "error out" since the dosing would fallback to its standard amount rather than compensated amount.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You could definitely just reset the counter. The reagent surplus is needed for users who have Trident Controlled Dosing enabled- we can't just let it "error out" since the dosing would fallback to its standard amount rather than compensated amount.
Thanks. Thats my plan. Hoping to have the B and C last as long as the 2nd A...

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No desire to further engage posters' who have nothing better to do than baselessly speculate about crap online that's easily verifiable by doing 10 minutes of research.

Otherwise this little back and forth with me replying, and you pecking tiny little holes in the reply is going to waste my entire afternoon.

Neptune didn't cause the reagent issue, a global pandemic did. Asking manufacturers to drop pricing to accommodate covid related production delays is borderline ridiculous. Are you giving your employer a discount on your employment cost because you are working from home? Is Dunkin Donuts discounting my coffee because they don't have Maple Frosted Donuts like they did before the pandemic?

I have customers who have spent $50,000+, entire 40' containers full of material. That material is delayed due to overseas manufacturing, and delays at port of import/export. Does that mean I'm financially responsible for the job delays this is causing? The answer is no.
Actually some employers help with internet expenses etc.

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No desire to further engage posters' who have nothing better to do than baselessly speculate about crap online that's easily verifiable by doing 10 minutes of research.

Otherwise this little back and forth with me replying, and you pecking tiny little holes in the reply is going to waste my entire afternoon.

Neptune didn't cause the reagent issue, a global pandemic did. Asking manufacturers to drop pricing to accommodate covid related production delays is borderline ridiculous. Are you giving your employer a discount on your employment cost because you are working from home? Is Dunkin Donuts discounting my coffee because they don't have Maple Frosted Donuts like they did before the pandemic?

I have customers who have spent $50,000+, entire 40' containers full of material. That material is delayed due to overseas manufacturing, and delays at port of import/export. Does that mean I'm financially responsible for the job delays this is causing? The answer is no.
They had reagent supply problems before the pandemic

U

User1

View Badges
They had reagent supply problems before the pandemic

No. Reagents before the pandemic was fine which is why we saw the 6 month kits. The challenge they faced before the pandemic was the Tridents last mile (in-house checks before shipping to retail / for sale). The difficulty for hobbyists was finding the Tridents in stock long enough for you to purchase.

Reagents in 6 month kits never was a issue unless the hobbyist waited to purchased at the last minute. At least I never ran into that issue.

EJReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Reagents before the pandemic was fine which is why we saw the 6 month kits. The challenge they faced before the pandemic was the Tridents last mile (in-house checks before shipping to retail / for sale). The difficulty for hobbyists was finding the Tridents in stock long enough for you to purchase.

Reagents in 6 month kits never was a issue unless the hobbyist waited to purchased at the last minute. At least I never ran into that issue.
They were consistently out of stock before. What do you mean "unless the hobbyist waited until the last minute"? That's the same thing as there wasn't enough supply.

U

User1

View Badges
They were consistently out of stock before. What do you mean "unless the hobbyist waited until the last minute"? That's the same thing as there wasn't enough supply.

It isn't the same. Knowing your usage and planning your order does not equate to being on your last reagent set and frantically looking for them before you run out.

All I can say is that I never once had a problem finding them in stock before I needed them be it 2 month or 6 month kit. Today with the new world order I'm left with 2 month kits. It is what it is. Clearly we don't agree so all is good.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on current pandemic numbers going up it would seem likely that this 6 month supply problem is going to be the new normal for several months to come. I wish Neptune would at least allow us to make our own testing schedule vs using template settings. I am really tired of having 30% of my Alk unused every month and I don’t need 2 Ca or Mg test done everyday. With custom settings I could probably extend 2 months into four using a 3-1-1 schedule.

Cabinetman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thing about when the six month kits are back is we will be able to use every last drop by dumping the remaining left over stuff into one because it’s all from the same batch...let’s hope they ramp up production of it like discussed

Perthegallon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why would they when they can make so much more $$$$ selling the 2 month kits....
Well they’ve lost my money I’m not turning my trident back on till they bring the 6 months back. The shortage also seems to be kinda bs now (not saying it’s not real) just that them shipping the trident to other countries and continue producing them is kinda messed up. Also my lfs around me have tons of the regents available they barley even sell lol

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO...If they can produce a 2 month supply, they should be able to produce a 6 month. I personally think its a $$$ issue. Make more $$$ selling 2 month supply kits

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back