Is the Amazon deal of the day (battery back up) any good?

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I opened up the amazon app and saw this battery back up on their deal of the day.
I don’t have a back up life support for my system and was wondering if this was any good (I don’t know anything about battery backups).

Deal of the day: APC UPS, 1500VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, BX1500M Backup Battery, AVR, Dataline Protection and LCD Display, Back-UPS Pro Uninterruptible Power Supply

jiffyjhn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I opened up the amazon app and saw this battery back up on their deal of the day.
I don’t have a back up life support for my system and was wondering if this was any good (I don’t know anything about battery backups).

Deal of the day: APC UPS, 1500VA UPS Battery Backup & Surge Protector, BX1500M Backup Battery, AVR, Dataline Protection and LCD Display, Back-UPS Pro Uninterruptible Power Supply

Just hook up your main life-support to it(return, heater). This unit was able to power my tank's pump/heater for a 14 hour outage and still was half full. if I run the full tank equipment it may last several hours. Of course running time may vary depending on your equipment wattage

OP
OP
L

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just hook up your main life-support to it(return, heater). This unit was able to power my tank's pump/heater for a 14 hour outage and still was half full. if I run the full tank equipment it may last several hours. Of course running time may vary depending on your equipment wattage
You have that exact one?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

I'm surprised it lasted this long The heater definitely didn't go on at all.

To the O/P, search Y/T for BRS video on this topic. It should shed some light.

OP
OP
L

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised it lasted this long The heater definitely didn't go on at all.

To the O/P, search Y/T for BRS video on this topic. It should shed some light.
wait, you have this one too!?

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one and it worked just fine for a short outage.
Heater and return pump.

Ive since moved onto a diy backup system with larger batteries and a smaller inverter.

OP
OP
L

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same one and it worked just fine for a short outage.
Heater and return pump.

Ive since moved onto a diy backup system with larger batteries and a smaller inverter.
Thanks for your input!

Back