Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still available, finally was able to get mine. Been checking for weeks! Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread!

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine came in today... What a breeze to set up if you follow the in app videos! Have to get a cooler waste container maybe a VOSS water bottle. Thought about running the line to my skimmer locker but then I'd have to drill a hole, not feeling that.

158077391131343435489409194798.jpg

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Question for those who own it already. I know you can’t cut the line that brings water from the aquarium into the trident for testing, but are you allowed to “extend” the waste line? Instead of a container, I was wondering if I could use a drain about 8 feet away from where the trident is going to be.
Currently I have this set up with the DOS to do awc and it’s amazing. Just wondering if I can do the same thing with the trident.

RMS18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Trident is saying my alk is 9.8 while Hanna says it 8.9. With the Hanna I tried 2 bottles of reagent, the current one and a brand new one I just opened. I'm aware that after 48 hours I can calibrate the Trident. Will be interesting to find out if my Hanna is out of calibration, it is 4 years old.

Cal and mag are in the area according to my Red Sea kits.

Last edited:

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine in today and still don’t know what to do. I have a 40 cube with no sump. I thought it wouldn’t look bad with it on a shelf next to tank at water Height but my wife is not to Impressed on how it looks. I don’t want to put in under tank as a fear of the in-line coming off and making a siphon. What to do?;Pompus

Nevil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS edition apex does the trident come with an aquabus cable or do I need to buy that and the power supply?

Edit nevermind looks like it comes with a link cable not aquabus.

Last edited:

Katfsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been checking sites like crazy but I always miss it. Spent the afternoon installing my new clarisea and I know I checked premium aquatics around 2 and it didn’t show any in stock!

Katfsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well scratch that just got one from marine depot. Don’t agree with the way they are bundling them but got one with the a dos and ddr which I was going to buy anyways.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my trident up and running today and man this thing is one bad motor scooter

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BRS edition apex does the trident come with an aquabus cable or do I need to buy that and the power supply?

Edit nevermind looks like it comes with a link cable not aquabus.

I do not recall if my Trident came with 1Link or aquabus, but it can be connected either way.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically, DOS comes with aquabus but not 1Link LOL.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well scratch that just got one from marine depot. Don’t agree with the way they are bundling them but got one with the a dos and ddr which I was going to buy anyways.

Even the bundles are mostly out of stock. My local exotic car dealer is bundling a trident with the Rolls Royce Silver Shadow …. don't really need the car, but …….

file-23.jpeg

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine in today and still don’t know what to do. I have a 40 cube with no sump. I thought it wouldn’t look bad with it on a shelf next to tank at water Height but my wife is not to Impressed on how it looks. I don’t want to put in under tank as a fear of the in-line coming off and making a siphon. What to do?;Pompus
I wouldn't worry about that. I personally think it would be difficult for it to come undone, as it doesn't fit on there real loose. I'll add a picture of where mine is. It is on a small end table next to my tank and I think it looks great (kind of like a conversation piece with it being next to my tank)
282EF0E7-AD34-4171-8A3D-F547C9FDAEAF.jpeg

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine on Monday and it was a breeze to set up. I’m addicted to checking the results every time it does a test. Looking forward to the calibration process and linking it up with my DOS. (Which isn’t recommended until the until has been up and running for 7-10 days).

Now if I can only get my hands on the 6 month reagent package before my first package is gone...

JMSKI333

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should also note mine was giving different values than my Hanna checkers. I’m just being patient and following the trident instructions haha

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the Trident is saying my alk is 9.8 while Hanna says it 8.9. With the Hanna I tried 2 bottles of reagent, the current one and a brand new one I just opened. I'm aware that after 48 hours I can calibrate the Trident. Will be interesting to find out if my Hanna is out of calibration, it is 4 years old.

Cal and mag are in the area according to my Red Sea kits.
After you calibrate the Trident run the left over fluid through your Hanna and compare results. Most have found the Hanna reading off compared to the known calibration value.

RMS18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After you calibrate the Trident run the left over fluid through your Hanna and compare results. Most have found the Hanna reading off compared to the known calibration value.

I did. Hanna came in at .3 lower than the solution. I also ordered Hanna standard solution to test the checker. After calibration the Trident is reading much more accurately now at 9.3-9.4. Calcium and magnesium also came down to levels that make more sense.

Back