Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on waiting list with 3 different online retailers and have not received any opprotunity to purchase BUT. Yesterday I happed to stop into my local aquarium store and asked the owner if he had a waiting list and what he was doing about getting Tridents as he is a Apex dealer. WOW to my suprise he said he had one on the way should be delivered mid next week and he had no waiting list. I immediatly asked if I could buy it and offered to pay now. He quickly accepted my payment so mid next week I should have a Trident.

Just got the phone call from aquarium shop owner my Trident has arrived and I am heading to go pick it up now. I’m like a kid at Christmas right now :)

U

User1

View Badges
Better to get one from an LFS because the online sellers have certainly shown that they can't be trusted to distribute them first to those who ordered first.

I can't press the like button enough...

So true. To sign up on a list less than 10 minutes of it being posted here and still not get a call to ask if I'm still interested is just odd. Then to send in an email to inquire and be told yes, you are still on the list but not where is just wrong. If this was just happening to me I wouldn't think much of it. The fact it is happening to a few all within the same time does give me pause.

It is what it is.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must say my experience with the BRS out of stock notifications has been fine. Got one today saying the 3 month reagent kits were in and one is on its way to me.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why the company is giving them away and or selling them at shows when people on lists go without.

Well they do it for promotional reasons - still kind of annoying though I agree.

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at what majestic beast showed up on my door step today! There is hope everyone.

20190926_191734.jpg

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up for those waiting on BRS list and wondering if they missed their call.....I did email them asking and got a reponse that I am still on the list....they just won't give you the position.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand why BRS, MD, etc. don’t just do a back order option. Allow people to order and pay for them and once #1 gets theirs it goes to #2 then #3 and so on. 1) your guaranteed to get one and 2) Neptune will know the inventory needed to supply each retailer ‍

vangvace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t understand why BRS, MD, etc. don’t just do a back order option. Allow people to order and pay for them and once #1 gets theirs it goes to #2 then #3 and so on. 1) your guaranteed to get one and 2) Neptune will know the inventory needed to supply each retailer ‍

From a company perspective, it is tough to do a back order option without knowing when it would be shipping. The frustration from the customer perspective knowing that it could be months before receiving your Trident might be worse than the current frustration.

I would also argue that Neptune has a decent idea of the volume of needed product from their major distributors at least. Heck, BRS had a list and that number versus sales volume calculation would let them know what the needed numbers are.

VikS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goto saltwateraquarium website, look at their trident listing. At the bottom of page, It has instructions on joining their insider FB group. They give advanced notice on that group on when tridents will be available on website. Generally it’s every Friday right before 12 in the afternoon. Got mine very easily.

tinkwithanr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth I got mine last week from BRS. I put my name on the waitlist to be notified back around when they were released. I got an email saying it would be available at a given time, logged on and placed my order.

It took a while but it's worth it.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys are nuts. All of us have been manually testing for years, and all of sudden we are not able to do it a single day longer :). I definitely understand the frustration with online vendors, but they are all just running a business. I am expecting many of you to hate it as soon as you receive it, not because it is a bad product but the anticipation and suspense built a level of expectation that will be impossible to meet.

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goto saltwateraquarium website, look at their trident listing. At the bottom of page, It has instructions on joining their insider FB group.
FB's illegal in my household, do you happen to know how often they post, Daily, weekly monthly? My lfs has me currently sitting at 1 on the wait list and it's been two months. Only way I see myself able to get one is an online retailer.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back