Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only thing I can say is that the BRS waiting list is a total cluster frock. I like BRS and enjoy their effort into the videos that provide the community value. However, the list and lack of ability to check ones position is bad. And yes, I get the darn if you do darn if you don't, etc. I get it.

But signing up on the list within the first 10 minutes of it posting on this site (other factors may apply as to which site was first and internet latency) several of us still have not received a call while others a day after have. It isn't adding up.

Personally speaking I'm glad the Trident is doing well and has a high demand. If you have a apex or considering that ecosystem I think it will fit in nicely once you get it. On the other hand if you don't have the controller and still interested than there are a couple products that may very well do the job.

My trident has only been running since Thursday of last week and I finally feel comfortable that my tank is now consuming alk. Before I would test after a water test but now I was able to see the graph via its test and see its consumption. So now maybe it is time to dose a little bit since my starter frags are growing.

How would you have BRS Do it differently? It's free to sign up, so almost everyone added their name to the list as soon as they could. Many/most people added their name to every list they could find, and there are many people planning on re-selling the unit on ebay at a profit if they should get one. They could reduce the number of non-serious people on the list by requiring a deposit, but then they have people mad that they took a deposit and haven't delivered the product. Alternatively, they could have skipped the list completely and just left it up to random luck for people to catch them in stock on their web site. Either way, I think the retailers are damed if they do, danged if they don't.

U

User1

View Badges
How would you have BRS Do it differently? It's free to sign up, so almost everyone added their name to the list as soon as they could. Many/most people added their name to every list they could find, and there are many people planning on re-selling the unit on ebay at a profit if they should get one. They could reduce the number of non-serious people on the list by requiring a deposit, but then they have people mad that they took a deposit and haven't delivered the product. Alternatively, they could have skipped the list completely and just left it up to random luck for people to catch them in stock on their web site. Either way, I think the retailers are damed if they do, danged if they don't.

First - we agree on the last part you wrote. Damed if you do, don't.

What would I have them do differently? Well, for starters when you sign up give you a position number. If they didn't do that at least let you email in and respond at a lower priority to normal day to day traffic. This way at least you can query and get an idea.

What happened as they said is that the list became unmanageable. Few of us signed up within 10 minutes to an hour when the post was on this board the list went live. That should put us on the first page one would think or at least in the same ballpark. A lot of us never got a call. To put this into perspective my daughter signed up over a month later. I don't know the exact date but let us say towards the end of June. 2 to 3 weeks if not a full month. Anyway around the first week of October she received an email saying hey - you still looking let us know and reply to email until the 7th of Oct. Me, on the other hand who signed up within the first 10 minutes never received an email or a call. When I sent in a email or chatted online they said yes, you are still on the list.

Look - not mad per say at them. They did what they could on short notice ad-hoc. I get it and like what they do for the hobby. I also made a post in their forum with the latest deal with the list no longer being active and how they are putting back on sale via the portal only. Like you said - can't win.

Be that as it may it is Neptune's issue really in that the demand is more than their supply chain and/or process of shipping from their business. They are not the only ones having trouble. The mindstream is a cluster frock on an order of magnitude more while charging 1k up front. At least Neptune is smarter than that.

TL;DR - we agree. I just wish it was more structured and you could check your place. If you can get one, do so. They are a good product in my opinion.

kkiel02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that it’s on Neptune and not BRS. Neptune needs to step up their production(I’d pull everyone into that production room go over the standardized work with them and let them build). By the time they do catch up many people will already be eyeing this next launch of testers coming out. Mindstream also failed in having product available. So hopefully the Abex, ion director, and Mastertronic can learn from these failures.

Reefer_Tom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Neptune Trident ever in stock? I am on multiple waiting lists, and it is a long wait. Does anyone know when production will ramp up?
I’ve been on wait lists as well finally got one but it was throw my local fish store who I’ve known for a while and luckily called me when they got it. Talk to some bigger local reef stores in your area and get to know them, I think that would be your best bet as of now. Even Neptune at reef a palooza Chicago sold out before the show opened to the people who spent $200+ on a diamond pass to get in 4 hours early. The Neptune reps wouldn’t even say how many they brought

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed some loyal brs customers waiting for the call/email when they could have sniped one elsewhere then note that its taking forever. The List is probably longer than Santa's

U

User1

View Badges
The List is probably longer than Santa's

Lol - probably explains why my daughter got a call back before me. I'm sure I'm on the naughty list darn it all. Never the less this gem of yours did make me giggle :) So thanks.

charlie28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To a certain extent. Right now, there are favorites in vendors. A waiting list is almost extinct. Looks like the big box stores or whoever makes larger orders or advertises the most seem to get boxes and boxes of tridents. If you follow certain vendors on social media, you see all sorts of post and pictures of raffles or orders going out month after months coming from the same vendors. I have smaller LFS around me anywhere from a 60 to a .5 mile radius around me. They all sell and carry Neptune, but at the same time there waiting for 1 trident. It upsets them when I show them post about how a vendors post picture of 6-10 tridents then 1 month later another load go out. I don’t even think about or try anymore. Eventually I’ll stumble upon one or by that time another better monitor will come out. There already 5-6 monitors out now, but the trident carries the name and reputation of a controller that majority of us have already.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Showing in stock for me right now on BRS for those still looking:

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks! Couldn't resist......

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks just got mine!

arnallop3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks bro! Got mine as well! dang brs never sent me the dang in stock email

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't on any list. I was just browsing BRS for something else and it had the "you may be also interested in" and saw it was in stock. Hopefully it is not a mistake.

Jeto2004

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't on any list. I was just browsing BRS for something else and it had the "you may be also interested in" and saw it was in stock. Hopefully it is not a mistake.
If it’s a mistake I’m sure BRS will handle it gracefully as usual......

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not anymore lol
88830ABF-D8B9-489F-A185-2A27A082E123.gif

Last edited:

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For the ones who were able to purchase today, have you receive shipping confirmation?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back