Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on another thread, but it’s appropriate here, too...

“I spoke with one of the guys at my LFS the other day - he said Neptune promised them one a week and they’ve been getting one a week on most weeks, but sometimes they don’t get any. Given the ongoing demand, I’m guessing that Neptune is making them and shipping them out as quickly as they can, trying to spread them more or less evenly. “

I don’t know anything about their manufacturing or supply lines, but clearly there’s still a lot of demand and no company would voluntarily restrict sales and profits. What I will say is that for all the buzz around automated testing (Trident, KH director, alkatronic, etc,) people have been successfully keeping tanks for decades without it, so I have a hard time believing that an automated tester will make that dramatic a difference in your tank. There’s always a fascination and tendency to put your faith in new gadgets and technology, but I have yet to see any evidence that testing multiple times a day makes a difference in tank health. Now, that may turn out to be the case, but for now, my advice to everyone is to take a deep breath and just enjoy your tank like you did before the Trident was released. (And enjoy the extra $600 in your pocket!)

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It reminds me of buying video cards during the cryptocurrency mining boom. I used to use a tool like this and you had to instantly buy:

It was in stock on marine depot last week, but sold out in 30 min.

U

User1

View Badges
Most are using lists. Also smaller resellers are not getting them. Only the larger resellers. This is just word of mouth from a few I've talked to. I've been on one list since June and nothing. Marine Depot is the last online presance that I got a notification from around 1934 PM last week and nothing was available. So they all got caught before most received notifications. Just the way it is.

So no, not really in stock due to the last mile. Last mile is Neptune who runs one more test or verification step before it is shipped. Until that gets sorted out your options are 1. Luck, 2. Waiting list, 3. EBAY. And supposedly Neptune said there is no support if you buy from third party - which there is a post here with someone having a issue who did so I was following along to see if Neptune really stood by that...who knows.

Bad news if you are an Apex user and considering a Trident - you really have no choice. The flip side is that the longer you wait the more other products will come out that may change your mind...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I completely agree, and 1/2 of my love of reefing is the equipment. Once my wife asked if I love the livestock/husbandry or the equipment more. I had to say both. For me it is part of the love. I am a tech geek at heart.
Haha! Same!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched a video from a recent show where Terrence F. noted that demand had well exceeded expectations and that they were ‘pushing’ production to catch up as quickly as possible. He also responded to a question about trident availability outside North America by saying ‘end of the year’ and that they needed to meet pent up demand here first. Implies that he expects stock issues to be resolved by then.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
To answer the OP, yes, they're in stock from time to time. I signed up for the BRS waitlist the first week they had it up and I was just notified a few days ago that mine was up and I could call to complete the order. Unfortunately in this case, I don't need it anymore as I've moved back over to GHL.

But yes, they're at least coming in stock for those on wait lists.

ddrueckh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up ordering a MindStream. At least they told me when I would get it (6-8 weeks). I like that the MindStream is self calibrating, does not use any pumps, measures 10 things, and measures every 15 minutes. I also like the subscription idea. I know I will need reagents for any tester on a regular basis...why not just have it delivered every month without thinking about it. I know it costs more but to me it is worth the extra money.

Matthew Russell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the Neptune Trident ever in stock? I am on multiple waiting lists, and it is a long wait. Does anyone know when production will ramp up?
I put my name on a few lists. BRS actually contacted me a few weeks ago to say they had one for me and I had 12 hours to claim it. I did. I put my name in the day after they were announced.

U

User1

View Badges
I put my name on a few lists. BRS actually contacted me a few weeks ago to say they had one for me and I had 12 hours to claim it. I did. I put my name in the day after they were announced.

I'd say I was within in 10 minutes of their post here that the list went live. Still no call... Same day, within minutes of the post here, nothing. I think there are a few others in a similar situation.

Edit: I like the idea of the mindstream. However, the subscription model is more expensive if you break it down by cost per test. Buy reagents, buy replacement kits, pay subscription. I'm unfortunately looking for something in the middle.

scrapz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my email from BRS and ordered. I'm torn on whether I want to keep it or sell it until they iron out the issues..

cidermaster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got the email today and am torn whether or not to keep it considering I decided to start a new build and have a couple months of cycling/build ahead

AiKkz

Hard work beats talent every time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wait is worth it!! It’s so nice to just check the fusion app and see your parameters!! Try premium aquatics if you’re not already on their list

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You would have thought they would have been more ready with all they hype and build up of the release. Especially with all of the controllers coming into the market. People will get fed up and move on to one of the new systems GHL is some nice looking stuff :) Happy Reefing!:p

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 75 37.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back