Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

Realposition

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd say I was within in 10 minutes of their post here that the list went live. Still no call... Same day, within minutes of the post here, nothing. I think there are a few others in a similar situation.

Edit: I like the idea of the mindstream. However, the subscription model is more expensive if you break it down by cost per test. Buy reagents, buy replacement kits, pay subscription. I'm unfortunately looking for something in the middle.

I am on the same boat. I signed up within the first 10 minutes it went up and I haven't gotten a call yet. I see people who signed up not even the first day and yet they are getting them. Pretty weird.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had originally put myself on the waiting list at BRS. I just happened to be at my computer when the in-stock notification came though. Had I not ordered it IMMEDIATELY, I would have missed out.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got on the BRS wait list 4 hours after they posted. No call, no email. Since people are now posting they received the call/email and they joined the list after me I guess I am SOL.

U

User1

View Badges
I got on the BRS wait list 4 hours after they posted. No call, no email. Since people are now posting they received the call/email and they joined the list after me I guess I am SOL.

Something is off no doubt. I wish they would allow us to send an email, one, to ask our position (number) and what the next number is. One time with a lower priority to actual customer inquiries. Even if R2R was not the first place the list was posted first several of us responded that we signed up within the first hour with no call yet.

Can't be mad at them, not their fault about the numbers they get shipped but the list is their issue for sure. That and the wonky inventory system they have with regards to sells. Several of us also got caught up back when they sold them via the portal. They become available, everyone rushes, adds to cart, those that have saved payment information click done. The others who do not do that (for security reasons) typed information while in the cart but the item wasn't removed from inventory so someone else snags it because they are either quicker or have info saved. Thus the cart / check out spinning and spinning and spinning because the item was sold out from under you. Thus the list.

Can't really win. More or less I've been ok with it but now that I'm adding more and more test corals and a clam this week I am rather interested in Alk and Cal use. Since I'm a lazy reefer I think it would be a nice tool to have compared to some of the other options. Especially with 2 in college. Some subscriptions do not make sense so looking for the more reasonable one in the end.

Again no disrespect to the list process or business doing them.

MurphyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wish I knew yes or no. At the time I saw 72 likes and abt 40 comments on the post so I figured I was around #500 - 700 in line. Estimated late August or September for the call. Now I'm guessing that ship sailed without me! BRS does so much for Reefers I wanted to make all my big purchases through them.

I am in that frag to colony stage where ALK consumption is rising so, yes, the Trident would be very useful.

OP
OP
BigTex1836

BigTex1836

Howdy from Houston
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched a video from a recent show where Terrence F. noted that demand had well exceeded expectations and that they were ‘pushing’ production to catch up as quickly as possible. He also responded to a question about trident availability outside North America by saying ‘end of the year’ and that they needed to meet pent up demand here first. Implies that he expects stock issues to be resolved by then.
Might be my Christmas gift!

Sleepydoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard that the wait list at BRS is over 1,000 people. This is totally unconfirmed, but I would believe it. I don’t know how fast production is going, but it’ll take a while to get through that many people.

Wait lists are a double-edged sword. They make it fair and orderly, but also, if there's no down payment or other 'cost' to signing up, you end up with a lot of people signing up, possibly on multiple lists who may or may not be truly interested in buying one. By making it easy, you also risk getting profiteers singing up simply with the hopes that they can resell their unit at a profit.

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting also.. but they are giving BRS 4 of them for their tank trials. ;)

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this on another thread, but it’s appropriate here, too...

“I spoke with one of the guys at my LFS the other day - he said Neptune promised them one a week and they’ve been getting one a week on most weeks, but sometimes they don’t get any. Given the ongoing demand, I’m guessing that Neptune is making them and shipping them out as quickly as they can, trying to spread them more or less evenly. “

I don’t know anything about their manufacturing or supply lines, but clearly there’s still a lot of demand and no company would voluntarily restrict sales and profits. What I will say is that for all the buzz around automated testing (Trident, KH director, alkatronic, etc,) people have been successfully keeping tanks for decades without it, so I have a hard time believing that an automated tester will make that dramatic a difference in your tank. There’s always a fascination and tendency to put your faith in new gadgets and technology, but I have yet to see any evidence that testing multiple times a day makes a difference in tank health. Now, that may turn out to be the case, but for now, my advice to everyone is to take a deep breath and just enjoy your tank like you did before the Trident was released. (And enjoy the extra $600 in your pocket!)

I LOVE my Trident. Yes, it is not needed, but I am able to keep things MUCH more stable now. I broke down a Reefer 525 with big SPS colonies and I am slowly adding them back as the tank settles in. I really need to know when **** starts pushing the pedeal to the alk/cal metal. I can also control my DOS pumps with it. Nothing has been made easier more simple than using the Trident.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
trident.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
Right now there are 4 tridents on marinedepot.

Thanks for the info.

Edit: Wasn't sure if it was going to go through but it seems MD's inventory and cart system work better than some one else... I saw 1 left and just got order confirmation with a number :D

Saw your post 36 or so minutes after with others ordering so got lucky. Thanks for the heads up!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Lol, I tagged you in the other thread @saf1 :)

U

User1

View Badges

Lol, I tagged you in the other thread @saf1 :)

Thanks. I was zoning in and out of calls so only recently saw a few of these pop up :) Pretty lucky.

Thanks everyone here for looking out for those hunting for them!

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info.

Edit: Wasn't sure if it was going to go through but it seems MD's inventory and cart system work better than some one else... I saw 1 left and just got order confirmation with a number :D

Saw your post 36 or so minutes after with others ordering so got lucky. Thanks for the heads up!
Awesome! Glad you are getting yours!!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 14 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back