Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry it sounded that way. It’s just not the best thing

Topekoms

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine there is a bit of a waiting list. The thing is Neptune wants people getting new apex's to get it first. So luckily I had to buy a new one

Screenshot_20191118-174949.png

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No they are never in stock. I'm going to pick one up in a few years when they are. Thanks for reading.

Superbean

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made the mistake of buying an EL, a DOS, an ATK and AFK with a Display in the last two months instead of a bundle. I didn’t notice the bundles until it was too late!

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you compare the mindstream to the trident the mindstream will be cheaper over all since the trident if I recall correctly needs to be recalibrated like every 6 months by neptune apex for $150 a wack. so that’s $599 trident $300 a year to calibrate $420 in regants a year +\- so like $1500 bucks all in first year of the trident. Mindstream is $995 and regants $40a month if you have an ongoing subscription which is $480 a year so this option ends up being $1500 for the fist year. The following year the trident you are looking at $300 to recalibrate plus $420 in regants. The mindstream will only be $480 in regants and if you want to pay annually only $420. So IMO the upfront costs are very comparable , it is the following year where the mindstream seems to stand out also the mindstream I would assume over time may also be able to test more than the 10 elements. Trident will still always be 3 and if they find a way to do more, it is assumed we would have to purchase another new unit. I am leaning more words the mindstream every day the more I research and compare.

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you compare the mindstream to the trident the mindstream will be cheaper over all since the trident if I recall correctly needs to be recalibrated like every 6 months by neptune apex for $150 a wack. so that’s $599 trident $300 a year to calibrate $420 in regants a year +\- so like $1500 bucks all in first year of the trident. Mindstream is $995 and regants $40a month if you have an ongoing subscription which is $480 a year so this option ends up being $1500 for the fist year. The following year the trident you are looking at $300 to recalibrate plus $420 in regants. The mindstream will only be $480 in regants and if you want to pay annually only $420. So IMO the upfront costs are very comparable , it is the following year where the mindstream seems to stand out also the mindstream I would assume over time may also be able to test more than the 10 elements. Trident will still always be 3 and if they find a way to do more, it is assumed we would have to purchase another new unit. I am leaning more words the mindstream every day the more I research and compare.
The trident doesn't have to be calibrated every 6 months, service is needed once every 18-24 months.

Trident reagents are $100 for a six month supply, $200 a year with minimum testing.

ETA: I have a mindstream right now and have had a lot of problems with it. My trident will be here Wednesday.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The trident doesn't have to be calibrated every 6 months, service is needed once every 18-24 months.

Trident reagents are $100 for a six month supply, $200 a year with minimum testing.

ETA: I have a mindstream right now and have had a lot of problems with it. My trident will be here Wednesday.

Did things straighten out with the new disc? Last I recall seeing is it was better for you recently, but I'm always interested in more feedback!

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just like the apex ecosystem so will stick with that.

I would like to see them come out with their own lighting and skimmers. Are you listening neptune?

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did things straighten out with the new disc? Last I recall seeing is it was better for you recently, but I'm always interested in more feedback!
The new disc does seem to be reading correctly for the most part. I'm still not entirely impressed with it though. When my trident gets here I'll have more to compare to and I'll decide what to keep and use in the future.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new disc does seem to be reading correctly for the most part. I'm still not entirely impressed with it though. When my trident gets here I'll have more to compare to and I'll decide what to keep and use in the future.

Thanks for the info, that will be a great comparison if you are able to run them concurrently.

What about the Mindstream leaves you unimpressed? There's so little feedback out there for the Mindstream compared to the amount of interest in it. Their social media isn't much more than hype posts with no real results.

I'd love to hear more about it from people who actually have one :)

TARHEEL78

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, that will be a great comparison if you are able to run them concurrently.

What about the Mindstream leaves you unimpressed? There's so little feedback out there for the Mindstream compared to the amount of interest in it. Their social media isn't much more than hype posts with no real results.

I'd love to hear more about it from people who actually have one :)

I don't entirely trust my reading just because of some strange things I see. I think my cal and mag readings are a lot higher than they should be at times and my alk seems to come down at those same times. I think the readings are affected by other factors like salinity and temp. I'll confirm readings later this week, not sure if I'll start a new thread or post in my old parameters thread in the MS forum though. I'm taking suggestions. Lol

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my trident today. Set up was extremely easy and took very little time. I’ll let it run for a week (without dosing) and check with manual testing and then begin dosing again if everything is good

destro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I don't own an Apex system yet but about to take the plunge this Friday and have an open opportunity to get my hands on the Trident while doing it. Do you guys think this is worth every penny? I'm hunting for justification for spending $.

Back