Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

jsbzcmcdaniel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try Premium Aquatics. I have been buying all my reefing equipment from them for over 15yrs and have always been awesome. I called them on a whim a few weeks ago and they just received there stock. All were taken for preorders but luckily someone cancelled their order so I was able to buy it.

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could be completely wrong but if Saltwater has 200 to put on sale at midnight I would expect the other large retailers probably got some stock as well. Maybe this is the time they start becoming more readily available?
I believe saltwater has been holding a few every time they get a shipment so that they would have a large amount for black friday

Terri Caton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually 2 people are selling them brand new. Probably for cheaper than the stores

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually 2 people are selling them brand new. Probably for cheaper than the stores

um no, stores sell at MSRP of $599.

destro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the encouragement / feedback! I took the plunge. Early self gift.

xmas.jpg

I couldn't wait and assembled a cabinet last weekend. Can you guess where the trident Trident will land? :)

cab.jpeg

Yesterday, added the DDR.

cab open.jpeg

Tonight will be the unveiling of the Trident!!! I can't F*#$@ng wait.

I hope those of you who are still waiting will get one soon!

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t believe people are still waiting. I got mine in July. Granted I hopped on the waiting list in August of 2018 LOL.

EBDAA3B7-9554-4B96-93AE-B02B94FD9C27.jpeg 016EDF35-CC6E-4329-9DF2-9DE39F9E9D70.jpeg

FPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been on a few waiting lists. Including BRS. Havent recieved a email yet

FPotter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s because the fish gods know you want it. The peoples that don’t care that much get them first ;Hilarious
Very true. I would like to have one. However I'm not losing any sleep over it. Always next year lol

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow reefers looking for a Trident, I noticed a pattern with Marine Depot and was able to get one a few months ago as a result. Now don't hold me to this as things are always subject to change, but I noticed that Marine Depot got their shipments of Tridents on Fridays and uploaded them around 8 p.m.. It seems that they received a shipment every other Friday, but I would F5 the heck out of their site on the Trident page every Friday between 7:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. Good luck to everyone trying to get one.

sauceydipp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Owner contacted me and said he was holding what he had for Black Friday at his store. He agreed to go ahead and ship me one today. Just sent tracking number and will be here Tuesday.

Classic!!!!!!! No one disagrees that once they got word they were finally going to be an owner we all turned into a kid on Christmas Day

Fiesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really is a simple product for hobbyists to use. I'm not saying the product is simple design wise or build - just for us, the end user, to use. Probably two things I dislike about the hobby chore side of it. 1 - water changes. 2 - manual tests. If I have to do it manually then I'll put it off. If I put it off, I'll continue to put it off. Notes don't help. I'll just throw them away. When I did do manual testing then it was those that are easy to do or ones I felt I could repeatedly test consistently. So that meant the Hanna checkers. So...phosphate and Alk :) The only Nitrate kit I liked was the Nyos. So that would get done. Ca and Mag - forget it.

Enter the trident. If all I really care about is Ca, Alk, and Mag, then this is the took for me. I don't care if it is reagent based or not. It tests, it tests the same way, and the same electronic eye is looking at it, then I'm good to go. It made even more sense since I had an Apex. So I'm only out the door the cost of the unit once I found it (many thanks of which go to this forum/board) and later the 6 month reagent cost.

I understand that GHL and MS may add other things. Again, if all I am interested in are those values (ignorance or we as hobbyists just don't know how potassium for example) then it is a solid product once you can find one in stock.

Now that u have Trident going, if u havent already u need to incorporate a dos and auto water changes. I was skeptical about both at first but like u the two chores took a lot of enjoyment away from the hobby for me. Now i laugh about doing a water change cause just have to push button on phone. And a plus is the consistency and lack of swings in tank do to the slow change. Not only is it easier but the with better results! My corlas growing like crazy and tank doing better than ever with less work from me!

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back