Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

RJKain-777

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I, by no means, am telling you what to do. But I think you'll regret that decision, regardless of what the LFS has or hasn't done to you, it's not Neptune's fault. Is the Trident hard to get? Absolutely. I was lucky enough to be in this thread when someone posted that BRS had them in stock and I managed to get one. I was 5 lists for one (BRS, Marine Depot, Saltwater Aquarium, and two LFS). One LFS said they could order me one the end of November and I'd have it when their dry-good shipment came in. You already have an Apex, be patient and get the trident. Check with other LFS, also check some LFS that aren't so local (I'm still on a list with a LFS about 2.5 hours from me that said they would accept payment through paypal when my name comes up). My trident has been up and running for about 3 weeks and it was well worth the money and VERY LONG wait (especially after failing to get one numerous times)

*Saltwater Aquarium has a secret FB group (Saltwater Insiders) where they announce when Tridents will be in stock

**EDIT** And FWIW I am one the last people that my friends and family thought would spend the money on the trident, when they first came out I thought they were a waste of $600. My dad actually called me out on it when I received mine. Manual testing got real old, real quick for me once I started dosing BRS 2-part so I could then justify the $600 for one
That’s fair, my calcium reactor is pretty stable so I don’t really test as often as I should. See what happens.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goodness. Did saltwateraquarium.com really sell 200 units in 20 minutes late on Thanksgiving night? I had thought that supply might have finally been catching up to demand. Guess not.

I think supply is catching up .... it just hasn’t caught up!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think manufacturing is going to scale up at all. I think they have gotten better/faster at getting units out the door and demand has come down slightly. I still think there is heavy demand and will be for months to come.

My guess is it’s an assembly/testing problem more than actual manufacturing .... though maybe that’s what you meant.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give a big "Thanks!" to @Trucker Den for the heads up. Mine came in today. I refused to pay over MSRP while waiting on one. Simply because I refuse to support people that take advantage of others. Some people just simply have no morals.

20191202_155816.jpg

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give a big "Thanks!" to @Trucker Den for the heads up. Mine came in today. I refused to pay over MSRP while waiting on one. Simply because I refuse to support people that take advantage of others. Some people just simply have no morals.

20191202_155816.jpg

No morals? Going a bit overboard don’t you think? We aren’t talking about price gouging medicine or baby food here. It’s a luxury gadget for a hobby.

Snowclown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Thank you for posting. I checked their site earlier today and they didn't have any. I was able to get one just now!
I know where to get them but only with the package are available. I’m the last one who caught just a unit.
opps I miss the last part. U got it, congrat!

Last edited:

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to give a big "Thanks!" to @Trucker Den I refused to pay over MSRP while waiting on one. Simply because I refuse to support people that take advantage of others. Some people just simply have no morals.
People have already been posting some on FB well above MSRP, I report the post as scam/fraud every time I see one well above MSRP.
No morals? Going a bit overboard don’t you think? We aren’t talking about price gouging medicine or baby food here. It’s a luxury gadget for a hobby.
No it's not medicine or baby food, but its still immoral. Price gouging is price gouging

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People have already been posting some on FB well above MSRP, I report the post as scam/fraud every time I see one well above MSRP.

No it's not medicine or baby food, but its still immoral. Price gouging is price gouging
The thing is it’s not price gouging. It’s not a necessity. It’s not something you need. Like the gentlemen above said, it’s a luxury gadget. You aren’t being forced to pay the premium price. The price you pay is the price to not have to wait in line. Ever been to Disney world? Disney fast passes cost a premium price so you don’t have to wait in line. Same concept, it’s not price gouging, it’s the price to skip the lines. In Florida we have sun passes so we don’t have to wait in line to pay tolls on toll roads. I don’t see that as price gouging. It’s a “luxury gadget” that I don’t need but pay for so I don’t have to wait in line. And just because one nice gentleman asks a million dollars for his stuff doesn’t mean that he will get it. Just like some coral venders list something at an astronomical price because they don’t really want to sell it but if someone’s willing to cough up a ton of cash they’ll let it go. If someone wants to ask a lot for their stuff, that’s their business. When we go to car dealerships, we don’t complain about a luxury model costing above msrp because of dealership fees. That’s just the real world ;)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone from Canada ordered from Saltwater Aquariums? If so just wondering if you have ever had to pay duty?

When I order from BRS I never pay duty. But I always her nailed when I order from Marine Depot. The Duty always makes it more expensive then buying I'm Canada.

With BRS you do pay duty, they charge you 18% tax and duty fee on your order to cover the border fees so you don't have to pay at the door. They are the only US retailer that does this for future reference so expect to pay at delivery if you order from anywhere else... and if you are ordering, avoid any company that uses UPS as the shipper. They are by a landslide the most expensive shipper to go across the border with.

Been on a few waiting lists. Including BRS. Havent recieved a email yet

BRS ended there wait list so your spot on that list is gone unfortunately, lots of issues about them sending out emails when inventory is in stock as well....

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing is it’s not price gouging. It’s not a necessity. It’s not something you need. Like the gentlemen above said, it’s a luxury gadget. You aren’t being forced to pay the premium price. The price you pay is the price to not have to wait in line. Ever been to Disney world? Disney fast passes cost a premium price so you don’t have to wait in line. Same concept, it’s not price gouging, it’s the price to skip the lines. In Florida we have sun passes so we don’t have to wait in line to pay tolls on toll roads. I don’t see that as price gouging. It’s a “luxury gadget” that I don’t need but pay for so I don’t have to wait in line. And just because one nice gentleman asks a million dollars for his stuff doesn’t mean that he will get it. Just like some coral venders list something at an astronomical price because they don’t really want to sell it but if someone’s willing to cough up a ton of cash they’ll let it go. If someone wants to ask a lot for their stuff, that’s their business. When we go to car dealerships, we don’t complain about a luxury model costing above msrp because of dealership fees. That’s just the real world ;)
Just a simple example of supply and demand. It’s how our economy works. When demand is high And supply is low, it shows we are willing to pay extra. I agree with you that it’s not immoral that people are listing above MSRP. They did that because someone is willing to pay it. You dont have to pay for that higher price. This product is luxury, your hanna and salifert test kits work just as well. Now if BRS took advantage of trident sales and raised their prices above MSRP we would have a whole different type of problem :)

jlts21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if BRS took advantage of trident sales and raised their prices above MSRP we would have a whole different type of problem :)
how is that any different? In your words "Just a simple example of supply and demand. It’s how our economy works. When demand is high And supply is low, it shows we are willing to pay extra"
If it's wrong for one, its wrong for the other. As well as if its okay for one, it's okay for the other. BRS would just be exercising the benefit of the high demand/low supply, would I agree with it? No, but you can't be biased just because one is Joe Blow citizen and the other is a company

Falco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally was able to get mine! I was on about 4-5 wait lists at my LFS's but last week had an idea to reach out to one of the local tank maintenance guys I know that has helped me here and there (mostly when on vacation). Even though he doesn't have a store front he has suppliers and was able to get a Trident from one of them. He just dropped it off yesterday! Now I need to get this thing up and running :cool:

Gotta think outside the box a bit I guess, lol.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally was able to get mine! I was on about 4-5 wait lists at my LFS's but last week had an idea to reach out to one of the local tank maintenance guys I know that has helped me here and there (mostly when on vacation). Even though he doesn't have a store front he has suppliers and was able to get a Trident from one of them. He just dropped it off yesterday! Now I need to get this thing up and running :cool:

Gotta think outside the box a bit I guess, lol.

It is so simple to setup. Probably took me 15 minutes and most of that was just watching the setup videos. This thing is awesome!

Screenshot_20191207-073152_Apex Fusion.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back