Is the Neptune Trident Ever in Stock?

U

User1

View Badges
Save your money and buy a reef bot. They are always in stock and way more accurate than the trident.

Any data to back that up? Both are automating manual tests and reagent based. So far the Trident is doing very well and holding its own.

Glad the reefbot is working for you though.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I thoroughly searched the net and everywhere is out of stock of the Trident. I found one place that had it in a $1399 package apex deal but that is it. I really do think that Neptune has completely run out of stock this time. I think prior to this they were just pacing the releases.

Last edited:

BuBBly FiSh

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbot. Forget the overpriced never ibn stock expensive reagent that also is never in stock only testing 3 parameters trident when you can get the much better in-stock REEFBOT that you can use almost any over the counter reagent with and can also test way more parameters than anything else on the market.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefbot. Forget the overpriced never ibn stock expensive reagent that also is never in stock only testing 3 parameters trident when you can get the much better in-stock REEFBOT that you can use almost any over the counter reagent with and can also test way more parameters than anything else on the market.
Hmmmmmm

U

User1

View Badges

You are correct, it does test more. However, you left off the nugget that says you have to buy the test kits which is similar to buying new reagents. Also forgot to add that there are user "recommended" kits that provide more reliable results. The good news is that companies like Tropic Marin listened to the hobbyists using this unit and packaged up their reagents to sell separately to save the hobbyist money.

So not sure how many Pinocchio's to give you because at the end of the day you too are buying reagents, test kits, and the accuracy is based on a set of "known" kits. I'll keep the Trident since I have no issues finding reagents.

Edit: forgot to ask - is more better? Unless we are talking about money (and some would argue if that even matters) it probably doesn't. Alk, Ca, and Mg are more than enough but this is a personal preference.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sometimes two people can make solid arguments:

You are correct, it does test more. However, you left off the nugget that says you have to buy the test kits which is similar to buying new reagents. Also forgot to add that there are user "recommended" kits that provide more reliable results. The good news is that companies like Tropic Marin listened to the hobbyists using this unit and packaged up their reagents to sell separately to save the hobbyist money.

So not sure how many Pinocchio's to give you because at the end of the day you too are buying reagents, test kits, and the accuracy is based on a set of "known" kits. I'll keep the Trident since I have no issues finding reagents.

Edit: forgot to ask - is more better? Unless we are talking about money (and some would argue if that even matters) it probably doesn't. Alk, Ca, and Mg are more than enough but this is a personal preference.

Yeah I saw that rare cosmic event: “Trident in stock” ....
Don’tget me wrong; I like Neptune. Mostly .... but nobody’s perfect ... couldn’t pull the trigger just yet, they gotta build my trust in their manufacturing AND supply chain still

KyOsIBa515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with GHL? I personally not not. However, it seems to be a solid...well built product. Unlike Neptune using plastic for $800. Their new Ion director will too be a game changer. It does suck you have to have both the Ion director and KH director to do alk and everything else.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bought mine here last Sunday night, shipped Monday, arrived Wednesday:

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow, insightful and well reasoned ….. that's it, I'm selling all my Neptune gear ….. :D

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I can't tell you how badly I wanted to use a ReefBot over the Trident, I am always for supporting the newer companies. But, after researching all of the automation options available, I had to go with the Trident.

The ReefBot will not work if test vials are below 50% so, if you look at their guide, you're only getting like 5-10 tests on some kits before you have to replace it. And then the ReefBot HAS to be connected to the internet. As much as I don't want to think about it, they're more likely to go under than Neptune, and if that happens I'm out an expensive machine.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't tell you how badly I wanted to use a ReefBot over the Trident, I am always for supporting the newer companies. But, after researching all of the automation options available, I had to go with the Trident.

The ReefBot will not work if test vials are below 50% so, if you look at their guide, you're only getting like 5-10 tests on some kits before you have to replace it. And then the ReefBot HAS to be connected to the internet. As much as I don't want to think about it, they're more likely to go under than Neptune, and if that happens I'm out an expensive machine.

In this economic climate, no company is exempt from closing shop.Sometimes being small has it's advantages just as being larger. All depends on how fiscally responsible and organization is being run, not always tied to time-in-business.

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In this economic climate, no company is exempt from closing shop.Sometimes being small has it's advantages just as being larger. All depends on how fiscally responsible and organization is being run, not always tied to time-in-business.
I have been trying to point this out to people everywhere I go but most peoples believe I am just being negative.
There has been a business practice that has been growing over the last 20 years that says debt is not a bad thing and cash in the bank is cash that’s not making any money. Most people think this is just a Trump mindset that debt is good but the reality is that he is spouting a common practice by most businesses.
Expand expand expand and that’s how you make it to the top. Now Here comes covid and those companies that used that practice are caught in a situation they could never have imagined.

Like many off you I like the reefbot concept but the released product has way to many drawbacks.

mitch91175

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to point this out to people everywhere I go but most peoples believe I am just being negative.
There has been a business practice that has been growing over the last 20 years that says debt is not a bad thing and cash in the bank is cash that’s not making any money. Most people think this is just a Trump mindset that debt is good but the reality is that he is spouting a common practice by most businesses.
Expand expand expand and that’s how you make it to the top. Now Here comes covid and those companies that used that practice are caught in a situation they could never have imagined.

Like many off you I like the reefbot concept but the released product has way to many drawbacks.

I worked for an organization that expanded drastically and now are near bankrupt. Plenty of the private-equity investors are staying away from a lot of those type of organizations. I think they will start to diversify even more into small-mid-sized businesses to minimize financial impact going forward.

Never had a Reefbot and never would. Like you mention, to me the idea is good, but seems to have a flawed implementation and sketchy functionality from what I've read about it and a little common sense added to that. Just seems that it would be complicated device that can easily have functionality issues.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically, things that have been generally accepted past practices like debt leveraging and just-in-time/lean have not served their proponents well during COVID. Doesn't mean they weren't valid, or that companies won't over-react ….. at least initially. Of course, some industries have been pounded regardless of how well prepared they may or may not have been.

I simply won't 'invest' in products from small/fly-by-night companies anymore - too many expensive paper-weights at home already. So no reefbot, mindstream, Reefagnosis for me ......

Trident seems that is has been more generally available lately (though still no 6-month). i have had mine for about 14 month snow and very pleased overall.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back