Is the Red Sea Reef Wave 45 Magnet waterproof?

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Essentially would it be safe to mount the reef wave pumps on the overflow and have the magnet submerged in saltwater, or onto a back panel with an RODI storage unit in the back (like cade pro reef S2)

Jdubs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked this same question before the reef waves were released and was told by Red Sea that they were designed to be submerged in water. I told them I was planning on mounting them on each side of the overflow with the magnet inside the overflow box under water and that was the answer I got. I recommend you contact them and get verification because I did not save the email. They have good customer service and returned my email within a week when I contacted them but that was before all the craziness. I did not end up buying the pumps though because they kept pushing the release date back.

OP
OP
Peach02

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I asked this same question before the reef waves were released and was told by Red Sea that they were designed to be submerged in water. I told them I was planning on mounting them on each side of the overflow with the magnet inside the overflow box under water and that was the answer I got. I recommend you contact them and get verification because I did not save the email. They have good customer service and returned my email within a week when I contacted them but that was before all the craziness. I did not end up buying the pumps though because they kept pushing the release date back.
Thank you for the info :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back