Is the torch craze dying? Whats next?

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after watching a few live sales, it seems the torch craze (with some exceptions), seems to be slowly dying back. More and more are sticking around on the websites longer, the classifieds aren't blowing up as much, and overall slightly lower pricing. It seems the torch craze may be dying back some. The bounce craze still seems to be going strong.

With that said, what do you predict the next craze will be? It seems Hammers are peaking a little bit and Button Scolys. My own opinion is that it's going to hang around various brightly or mixed colored variations of LPS and specifically Frogspawn as I've been seeing alot of color variations as of late, its easily fragable, and still on the low price range.

Anyone care to take any guesses?

Don't forget the disclaimer :p

*Please note, there is no prize if you guess right. The comments, opinions, and analyses expressed in this thread are for informational purposes only and should not be considered individual coral buying advice or recommendations to invest in any coral or adopt any coral buying strategy. I do not warrant the information accuracy or completeness. The views and strategies described in this thread may not be suitable for all coral buyers. Because market conditions are subject to rapid change (i.e. import bans, etc), all comments, opinions, and analyses contained within this thread content are that of the individual poster. The material is not intended as a complete analysis of every material fact regarding any country, region, market, or coral buying strategy.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some toadstools, depending are pushing close to that

And after dragon fire GSP I can see Radioactive Dragon Eye GSP lol

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha! Fun thread. I'm always fascinated by how coral trends work.

OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like Weeping willows, fancy toadstools, and neon sinularia seem to draw a bit of buzz lately. As for torches, it's probably just the market price adjusting.
Definitely. The other day I finally ordered some basic torches for about $25-$30/head. Nothing fancy but a price I’m willing to pay. I think the fancier ones will still command a higher price, but are coming back down to reality

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely. The other day I finally ordered some basic torches for about $25-$30/head. Nothing fancy but a price I’m willing to pay. I think the fancier ones will still command a higher price, but are coming back down to reality
If ordered online do you mind sharing where?

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be great if it went towards a softie. Imagine dropping $200 for a nice Toadstool?
If someone will give me $200, I have a sweet tan one with tan polyps, named after
an Asian guy named So Bo Ring.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Reefing102

Reefing102

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaSD live sale this Saturday. Looks like they may have some still available. Looks like most of the cheaper ones are sold out. But there’s still plenty around $35-$50/head (not including shipping)

Heres one I ordered - not WYSIWYG but yea
They had one of their flashlight torches 1 splitting into 2 (with 2 clear mouths) for $45 during the sale

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back