Is the Trident really almost here!?! Super excited about this update from Neptune!!

Amado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really do hope they get it right. On paper it sounds like a great product. It’s the unicorn that will save this hobby. If they can get to work !

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think if you are creating a “premium” product for the aquarium hobby. I think the 1st step is to make it water proof. No matter what it is. It shouldn’t be affected by water.

Seems like a worthy goal. Trouble is that even the brands that you ‘trust’ are not waterproof, neither ETM nor Kessil. Last time I checked Tunze control boxes needed to remain dry. So I remain unclear that this is a legitimate criticism of Neptune. I’ve plenty of criticisms for them, and for ETM and Kessil. I do, however, think it wise to not put all of ones eggs in the apex basket. Never used an auto feeder or the ATK, so perhaps they are inferior. I do use both WAV and Vortech and they both ‘feel’ like quality pumps to me. Friend of mine uses COR and Vectra and has all sorts of problems with the latter.

I fully expect that trident will not be waterproof, but neither is the alkatronic nor the KHG.

U

User1

View Badges
Thanks, that sounds like the vid they did of the lab I run, glad it was helpful. And if it is a different vid, I am still glad it helped you!

If you have the Styrofoam probe holder then yes :D

Edit: Yes, it was your video. I just checked out your sig/links. Thanks for taking the time and letting them go back through your lab/work area and talk about how you use it. It was pretty well done, funny, normal, and I learned something new. I didn't know you guys/gals did that sort of work there. Monterey Bay always gets the attention. Sadly that aquarium isn't far from me (Sacramento area) and I can't recall the last time I was even there.

Monterey - last year. Both aquarium and diving. I guess I need to make a day trip.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the Styrofoam probe holder then yes :D

Edit: Yes, it was your video. I just checked out your sig/links. Thanks for taking the time and letting them go back through your lab/work area and talk about how you use it. It was pretty well done, funny, normal, and I learned something new. I didn't know you guys/gals did that sort of work there. Monterey Bay always gets the attention. Sadly that aquarium isn't far from me (Sacramento area) and I can't recall the last time I was even there.

Monterey - last year. Both aquarium and diving. I guess I need to make a day trip.

Awesome. Thanks!
I'll take this opportunity to thank both Neptune Systems and Ecotech for all the support that helped make that project happen!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problem with creating division on design. That is natural. What I do have a problem with is people saying it will cost them $2000 to own the Trident or that the Apex costs $1000. :)
I think the Trident looks sexy, but it will look even sexier when its hooked up to my tank, LOL!!!

#ApexTrident

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the Trident has the entire Reefing World's attention... :)

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a little Mg, and the Trident clocked it pretty well.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.17.45 PM.png

U

User1

View Badges
Added a little Mg, and the Trident clocked it pretty well.

Screen Shot 2019-01-13 at 12.17.45 PM.png
That is actually a great little test to run, right?

I mean if I am writing code to add a button I'll write a test case after I check it in to run as part of the built to verify I actually added said button before QA picks it up. In your case you add a pinch of Mg and the trident ran the next test and saw it, then plotted it for you in graphically representation :) Check that test case off.

Speaking of Terence - how about an API so I can grab the raw data and throw it on my Grafana dashboard :D

Saveafish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no problem with creating division on design. That is natural. What I do have a problem with is people saying it will cost them $2000 to own the Trident or that the Apex costs $1000. :)
I want it to be solid. NO BUGS. I could care less on looks. Be it in a cruddy wooden box. Being dependable is what counts. Price wise
4-500$ for the controller plus taxes. Plus trident cost. You're looking at a 1000$ and up to have it. From my understanding it's not stand alone. You need the controller to go with it? Within the next 2-3 weeks I will be pulling the trigger on a controller. Yes starting from scratch it's costly. Sure if you already have a Apex it's just trident cost. Like many, like me has to get the controller as well? YES, 1000-2000$ is not far fetched. This kind of threads that make it so hard to choose.

Cliff717

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was annoyed I had to upgrade my apex (it goes against my grain to replace something that still works) but I have to admit my old apex has been amazing;not even a hiccup. It just works!!. But I am totally stoked about trident!! If this tech works it will be game changing!!
But please Neptune.... when you release trident please please have enough reagent in stock for the crazy demand you will have. My khg was a expensive paper weight while I waited for months for the reagent to be restocked:(

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back