Is the US honeymoon over already?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

iron_mike_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Samples mailed from Atlanta, GA on 2/1.
  • USPS delivery confirmation in Van Nuys on 2/3 (Monday) at 12:45pm PT.
  • Barcodes scanned in to system at 5:15pm PT on 2/5 (Wednesday). Why did this take over 48 hours just to scan in?
  • Sitting here 100+ hours after lab delivery with still no results.

This is really disheartening. The samples were there mid-day Monday and were not touched this week. They might as well ship them to Germany so they can see the sights. The weekend is the time I get to spend time with my tank and it will be yet another week before I can act on the results.

update 2/8 - I woke up to an email that my results are ready. Weird. Now to see if I can find the source of tin that has leeched in to the system. I already use Tropic Marin salt so it must have come from something other than my mix.

Last edited:

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I was about to switch from ATI to triton just for the faster turn around but looks like its not working...

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe a mishap?
I have sent in twice now and had results in five days including shipping time.
But I am a neighboring state.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  • Samples mailed from Atlanta, GA on 2/1.
  • USPS delivery confirmation in Van Nuys on 2/3 (Monday) at 12:45pm PT.
  • Barcodes scanned in to system at 5:15pm PT on 2/5 (Wednesday). Why did this take over 48 hours just to scan in?
  • Sitting here 100+ hours after lab delivery with still no results.

This is really disheartening. The samples were there mid-day Monday and were not touched this week. They might as well ship them to Germany so they can see the sights. The weekend is the time I get to spend time with my tank and it will be yet another week before I can act on the results.

Thankfully not. The TRITON romance with the US has only just begun ;)

I checked with the lab and there were some tests rejected this week based on our stringent quality control protocols. We then have to test the second sample which takes additional time.
These cases are definitely the exception to the rule and necessary to ensure that we provide the highest quality readings for our customers. I am sure that, like many others that have tested with us since the new US lab opened, you will be very pleased with the speed and quality of our ICP lab testing.
If you can send me some details via our help desk ([email protected]) I will look into the situation with your water samples.

JohnCisco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get a confirmation email saying the results were ready or did you login and check?
I sent mine in on Saturday the 1st from MO.
It arrived Tuesday.
I logged into my account Wednesday to actually look at an old ICP test and the results for the new one were available.

I have yet to receive an email saying the results were ready though.

If I can send on a Saturday and have my results by Wednesday/Thursday you can't ask for more.

JohnCisco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea the same address we've been sending them to started doing the ICP tests on location as of about 2 weeks ago. No more delay to Germany and once the retail stores get through their inventory there will be USPS postage paid as well with the tests.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to switch from ATI to triton just for the faster turn around but looks like its not working...

As you can see from the majority of posts since our new lab opened in the US there have been a lot of people who have switched across. They now choose to use TRITON, not only because of our unique recommendations for dosing and trouble shooting, but also for the speed and quality of the results. Although the results of your ICP do not change with time, your aquarium water will slowly shift parameters from those tested the longer it takes to get your results. We invested in setting up a lab in the US to ensure the fastest testing which make our unique recommendations even more valuable.

Csr1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see from the majority of posts since our new lab opened in the US there have been a lot of people who have switched across. They now choose to use TRITON, not only because of our unique recommendations for dosing and trouble shooting, but also for the speed and quality of the results. Although the results of your ICP do not change with time, your aquarium water will slowly shift parameters from those tested the longer it takes to get your results. We invested in setting up a lab in the US to ensure the fastest testing which make our unique recommendations even more valuable.
What should we expect for the average turn around time?

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What should we expect for the average turn around time?

Usually the water sample should be tested and uploaded within 48HRS of receiving them at the lab. This timeframe includes all results being validated after testing using our strict quality control procedures by highly experienced senior staff.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Triton team.
I am glad to have a US based facility.
I like getting results quicker.
The speed in getting my results to date has not been an emergency life or tank death situation. I hope to keep it that way.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now to see if I can find the source of tin that has leeched in to the system.
Tin is used as a stabilizer during the production of PVC. There's also some speculation that if a glass aquarium is built with any of the panes facing float-side in, then some tin might leach from the surface (since float glass is usually floated on tin).

I had high tin on my first ICP test, ran some Poly-Bio-Marine Poly Filter pads for a while, has not been a problem since.

OP
OP
iron_mike_gt

iron_mike_gt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tin is used as a stabilizer during the production of PVC. There's also some speculation that if a glass aquarium is built with any of the panes facing float-side in, then some tin might leach from the surface (since float glass is usually floated on tin).

I had high tin on my first ICP test, ran some Poly-Bio-Marine Poly Filter pads for a while, has not been a problem since.

Thanks for that tip! Tank has been up a while but I just re-plumbed quite a bit in the last year. Will give the poly pads a try.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. Rest assured that we are testing every sample that arrives as fast as we can. There is quite a bit involved between receiving a sample and supplying the results so for this reason we give ourselves the approximate 48 hour turnaround. Most of the time the results will be available the next day, but sometimes it may take a bit longer than 48. Please do not lose confidence! Instead, if you feel there is a longer than expected delay please do reach out directly to us to learn what the issue is. Chances are there was a minor issue with your sample or barcode. These issues will most likely never completely go away but we are committed to refining the process to make these anomalies fewer and farther between.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe so... mailed N-DOC A-KkL97l from NJ 2-12-20. Triton (Van Nuys) received 2-14. Sent to Germany. Now 2-22. Germany still did not get it. No e-mails from Germany letting me know if received or results. ICP test, that was sent with N-DOC, results were fast from Triton (Van Nuys) even though I never got an e- mail saying the results were ready. Could somebody from Triton please check if Germany received N-DOC samples so I know they were not lost?

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe so... mailed N-DOC A-KkL97l from NJ 2-12-20. Triton (Van Nuys) received 2-14. Sent to Germany. Now 2-22. Germany still did not get it. No e-mails from Germany letting me know if received or results. ICP test, that was sent with N-DOC, results were fast from Triton (Van Nuys) even though I never got an e- mail saying the results were ready. Could somebody from Triton please check if Germany received N-DOC samples so I know they were not lost?
Please send your USER ID and Aquarium Letter (eg. 55555-A) to TRITON Support ([email protected]) so that we can give you an update on your water sample.

Oberst Oswald

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could not get through with the a e-mail to Triton Support. It kept on getting bounced back to me with a permanent error message. Anyway I called up Triton (Van Nuys). They said it hasn't been mailed to Germany yet because they don't get to many N-DOC's and are waiting for more samples to be sent out. Reminds me when I was in the Army... hurry up and wait.

Back