Is there a BEST way to mix saltwater? | Reef FAQs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

Today Ryan takes all of the information we learned from our BRStv Investigates testing of salt mixes and puts together a solid approach to mixing saltwater that should keep your mixing containers cleaner, longer; as well as give you the best fully mixed saltwater solution you can use for your tank!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers!

Today Ryan takes all of the information we learned from our BRStv Investigates testing of salt mixes and puts together a solid approach to mixing saltwater that should keep your mixing containers cleaner, longer; as well as give you the best fully mixed saltwater solution you can use for your tank!

Great video guys!! Wow I can’t believe how long IO took to fully dissolve and all that junk it left behind. Tropic Marin ftw!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Great video guys!! Wow I can’t believe how long IO took to fully dissolve and all that junk it left behind. Tropic Marin ftw!
I don’t have much of an issue with instant ocean But have heard horror stories.
You’d think after the Many years they’ve been developing salt, they would have a perfect dissolving blend.

leorii2000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It gives u need to change salt.
I don’t have much of an issue with instant ocean But have heard horror stories.
You’d think after the Many years they’ve been developing salt, they would have a perfect dissolving blend.

Doran

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The results were reassuring. That noted I’ve done large batches for years.

The question I have is regarding what I [and others] do with stored salt water - what’s is the effect over time if you retain circulation?

Us older school types came with the understanding / and to a degree experience suggesting leaving the stored water [either fresh or salt] for 2 weeks will be harmful or stagnant. I have found uncirculated it will develop a strong odor in some instances, noting this could also be related to the built up residue from repeated mixing?

Comments?

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The results were reassuring. That noted I’ve done large batches for years.

The question I have is regarding what I [and others] do with stored salt water - what’s is the effect over time if you retain circulation?

Us older school types came with the understanding / and to a degree experience suggesting leaving the stored water [either fresh or salt] for 2 weeks will be harmful or stagnant. I have found uncirculated it will develop a strong odor in some instances, noting this could also be related to the built up residue from repeated mixing?

Comments?

I mix up a 32 gallon Brute cans worth of salt water every month and a half, I have not noticed any ill effects storing for that long. my RODI lasts even longer and again, no ill effects.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back