Is there a "Goodbye Cyano" cure that works?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OREGONIC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemi clean. In fact I just dosed my tank today. I seem to get cyano every time there is some sort of major change. Got it when the tank was new, then a few months after when I added a sump, about a year after that I had a major alk swing from running out of 2 part and not noticing. Then everything was stable for about two years and no sign of cyano but I just moved and now its back full force. Chemi clean has worked every time in the past so Im confident it will work again this time. I have had luck running about 3/4 dose for 3 days followed by a 30ish percent water change.

Homebrewer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with the above... ChemiClean works like a charm, just have to follow the directions exactly.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Elegant corals dino/cyano treatment works nicely.

elegantCoralsDino.jpg

EMeyer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know what the ingredients are in the products listed above?

Sodium nitrate. Once I hit stable a 10 ppm nitrate in the problem tank, cyano went away and hasnt returned. Plus this way I know what I'm putting in my tank. Still don't understand how manufacturers get away without listing active ingredients.

bluprntguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemiclean works. Try following it up with some of dr Tim’s waste away. The gel packs that you leave in your aquarium work well to help keep it away.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chemiclean works, but since it is an antibiotic it also kills other bacteria in your system. It seems like everyone I know who uses it has to use it regularly and their tank never matures to the point cyano become a non issue.

Back