Is there a such thing as too many copepods?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Ever since I started my fallow period, the number of pods and worms in my tank has skyrocketed. I just want to make sure—is there a such thing as too many pods? I don’t want them to overpopulate and hurt my corals if that is a potential problem. Thanks!

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wish I have that problem instead of dino. I don’t think that’s a bad problem to have. just get a mandarin

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Ever since I started my fallow period, the number of pods and worms in my tank has skyrocketed. I just want to make sure—is there a such thing as too many pods? I don’t want them to overpopulate and hurt my corals if that is a potential problem. Thanks!
The same thing is happening to me right now as my tank sits fallow as well. They won’t hurt anything at all, no. They’re just keeping the glass clean, and will be a tasty snack once the fish start going back in. Plus, I do believe corals will also eat larval copepods from the water column. All good things!

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that's a sweet problem to have!
The first thing I would put into the tank is two Mandarin fish and give them a month to fatten up and become comfortable.

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same thing is happening to me right now as my tank sits fallow as well. They won’t hurt anything at all, no. They’re just keeping the glass clean, and will be a tasty snack once the fish start going back in. Plus, I do believe corals will also eat larval copepods from the water column. All good things!
stupid question but what is fallow?

aznreef99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fallow period is when you remove all your fish for a period of time in order to kill off parasites in your system. They can’t reproduce without fish, so they starve and die off.
I see. thanks for the explanation. learn something new everyday

OP
OP
Sharkbait19

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone for your feedback!!! Glad to hear that nothing bad is happening! I’ll be sure to introduce some really hungry fish! ;)

Back