Is there a water tester that test all parameters

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know theres seneye but they only test things like ammonia, salinity and temperature, I’m looking for something that tests everything.

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes it’s called a photometer! There is only one device currently available that tests all 8 parameters or all parameters most people test for regularly that is The API AquaSpin/The LaMotte WaterLink Spin Touch version 3587 that was discontinued because it became the AquaSpin! You may be able to convince your lfs to buy you one…but they are only available to retailers/businesses and are $1,499 plus around $200-$300 for a box of disks. https://apifishcare.com/about-aquaspin
Other than that there’s the Mastertronic where you have to add all the individual test kits to the unit and the discontinued Hanna marine photometer that you have to test a parameter at a time but has one unit instead of individual Hanna Checkers. Similarly Hanna has a Multiparameter Benchtop Photometer and pH meter which tests 37 water parameters one at a time.
There’s also the Neptune Trident that tests alkalinity, magnesium, and calcium the three big parameters in a reef tank. And note that all of these aren’t cheap and like all testing/user error none of these are perfect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ben.QLD2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not cheap.

Upvote 0

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not cheap.

This one was sadly discontinued. They have several other photometer version but this was/is the only one that tests saltwater. That being said you can still find it in some places and international. Unfortunately…getting the disks seems to be an issue and the same thing with the commercial AquaSpin with production delays and product shortages.

Upvote 0

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back