Is there a way to get an exemption on the time/post/etc requirements for selling on the marketplace? 10 year tank owner, exiting the hobby.

OhWhatsHerFace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a long time lurker of the site, but I never had a reason to sign up or participate before now. After a solid decade in the hobby, I need a long break. I just want to make sure my livestock ends up in a good home, and ideally recoup just a little $$ on the light. The passionate hobbyists at reef2reef seem like a safer bet for my aquatic friends than who knows from Craigslist. Is there a way to post on the marketplace without having been a member for 30 days, plus 25 quality posts, etc? Thanks for your time!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Becoming a R2R supporter gives you automatic access to the marketplace forums. That's the only way to have an exception to the rule.

krakensoup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a long time lurker of the site, but I never had a reason to sign up or participate before now. After a solid decade in the hobby, I need a long break. I just want to make sure my livestock ends up in a good home, and ideally recoup just a little $$ on the light. The passionate hobbyists at reef2reef seem like a safer bet for my aquatic friends than who knows from Craigslist. Is there a way to post on the marketplace without having been a member for 30 days, plus 25 quality posts, etc? Thanks for your time!
I couldn't even find the days/posts requirements on this site. Mind pointing me to where you saw them?

I think the welcome message should mention it, it should be in a FAQ (which doesn't seem to exist) or at the very least pinned to the marketplace forums. Also not really seeing what the difference between "Classifieds" and "Marketplace" is... There should be a help forum as well to post in as well...

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I couldn't even find the days/posts requirements on this site. Mind pointing me to where you saw them?

I think the welcome message should mention it, it should be in a FAQ (which doesn't seem to exist) or at the very least pinned to the marketplace forums. Also not really seeing what the difference between "Classifieds" and "Marketplace" is... There should be a help forum as well to post in as well...
It's actually in the selling forum rules pinned to the top of both of our selling forums and also in the user agreement (which are the terms of service for the site).

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There should be a help forum as well to post in as well...
Funny enough, this forum is pretty much the "help forum," but you can also always pm myself or any of our staff as well. We're happy to help out. Please definitely let us know if you run into any other questions or issues.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 37.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back