Is there any reputable auto water change equipment

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I emailed them a few weeks ago. I guess they're working on a new model, but no word on release date.

If we are talking about SpectraPure, we all it happens soon. There are no complaints on the web about their LMIII and I hope the V.4 is only going to be better. These are capable of changing a lot of water per day if needed in certain configurations and can pump up and over anything you throw at it.

Used LMIII are impossible to find used because unless somebody is getting out of the hobby everyone is just using them. I've posted in WTB sections here and on RC, no bites except one dude that had one from 2009 - didnt really want to risk it especially when people ask nearly retail prices for these.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If we are talking about SpectraPure, we all it happens soon. There are no complaints on the web about their LMIII and I hope the V.4 is only going to be better. These are capable of changing a lot of water per day if needed in certain configurations and can pump up and over anything you throw at it.

Used LMIII are impossible to find used because unless somebody is getting out of the hobby everyone is just using them. I've posted in WTB sections here and on RC, no bites except one dude that had one from 2009 - didnt really want to risk it especially when people ask nearly retail prices for these.
Yea, i use the Spectrapure ATO and its great! I got lucky and stumbed across one for sale on here and picked it up at a discount. I use the DOS for awc right now but if i ever left the Apex platform id grab a LM for awc...

cvysochin

View Badges
Reaction score
Oak View, CA 93022- about 15 min from Ventura
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks like you have to run two LM3s to do a AWC correct?

In our setup, one LM3 and two RPM's. Old saltwater from main system to QT system, QT system water down the drain, and fresh saltwater back into main system. Keeps us from having to do any kind of dosing into QT system, which is nice, especially for long term SPS QT.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In our setup, one LM3 and two RPM's. Old saltwater from main system to QT system, QT system water down the drain, and fresh saltwater back into main system. Keeps us from having to do any kind of dosing into QT system, which is nice, especially for long term SPS QT.
That's a good setup for running a constant QT.

FLSharkvictim

Shark Advocate
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Artimusclyde1974

i am getting ready to install a Neptune DOS above my 50-gallon mixing station that sits in my garage!
I am going to be mounting my DOS right above my two barrels, where my rodi is connected at!
I don't want to put the DOS under the tank due to the noise it makes so I will be buying a 50ft Aquabus cable for the install since my control panel is in my living room which sits is about 40ft away...

SW Mixing station.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back